• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R3 - Brumbies v Hurricanes - 1 March 5:35PM AEDT - Palmy North

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
After last weeks excitement, a bit of a reality check coming up for the Brumbies against the Hurricanes.

Brumbies should get Pocock back, but whether he starts or off the bench remains to be seen. A lot depends on the Wallabies players resting plan with some players with big minutes already.

For the Hurricanes, B Barrett should be back while Jordie takes a rest. They should also expect Ardie Savea and Vaea Fifita back. Great.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes team to play the Brumbies: Chase Tiatia, Vince Aso, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Ardie Savea, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Vaea Fifita, Liam Mitchell, James Blackwell, Ben May, Dane Coles (c), Chris Eves. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Xavier Numia, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Reed Prinsep, Richard Judd, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Wes Goosen

Evans has a calf strain hence ASav at 8.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...die-savea-vaea-fifita-to-start-for-hurricanes

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. Scott Sio 2. Folau Fainga’a 3. Allan Ala'alatoa 4. Rory Arnold 5. Blake Enever 6. Pete Samu 7. David Pocock 8. Lachlan McCaffrey 9. Joe Powell 10. Christian Lealiifano 11. Chance Peni 12. Irae Simone 13. Tevita Kuridrani 14. Andy Muirhead 15. Tom Banks REPLACEMENTS 16. Josh Mann-Rea 17. James Slipper 18. Leslie Leauluaialii-Makin 19. Darcy Swain 20. Tom Cusack 21. Matt Lucas 22. Wharenui Hawera 23. Tom Wright

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can understand the back row selections with Pocock coming back............

Valetini is still so young and has had such a bad injury run that he needs to be managed as tightly as Pocock.

The players named this week - Samu, McCaffrey, Cusack - have been impressive over the last fortnight and deserving of being in the squad.

I expect Valetini to come back for the following game, Cusack to drop out and Samu probably back to the bench.

And with Carter and Arnold both overseas next year, we need to get Swain up to speed, and since he's missed the first couple of weeks he's really needs to start getting some game time.

I believe it was this match last year where Pocock's head was nearly ripped off so hopefully he can play out the game, or the referee does their job.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can understand the back row selections with Pocock coming back....

Valetini is still so young and has had such a bad injury run that he needs to be managed as tightly as Pocock.

The players named this week - Samu, McCaffrey, Cusack - have been impressive over the last fortnight and deserving of being in the squad.

I expect Valetini to come back for the following game, Cusack to drop out and Samu probably back to the bench.

And with Carter and Arnold both overseas next year, we need to get Swain up to speed, and since he's missed the first couple of weeks he's really needs to start getting some game time.

I believe it was this match last year where Pocock's head was nearly ripped off so hopefully he can play out the game, or the referee does their job.

Can definitely see the Brumbies bringing back the other Arnold once his brother leaves, or even getting staniforth back from Tahs - which has NOT worked out for him.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
No idea why we signed him and Simmons to an already lightweight pack. Pointless.

Agree. But I do not see many contenders in the local club scene. Maybe McCauley, and they signed him. Simmons was probably worth signing, in the circumstances, we already had Staniforth.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have every reason to believe we can win. I also have every reason to believe that Beauden Barrett can beat anyone.

So....... Should be a fun game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agree Roffy. Canes were fairly weak in the first two outings, but with BB, Savea and Fefita all back this week, they will be a different proposition.

As you say, BB can turn a game by himself. This will be a real test for the Brumbies. Had been looking forward to Valetini v Savea, but will have to be satisfied with Pocock v Savea.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Maybe the presence of BB is the reason for giving Valentini a rest. The back row will need to be everywhere in D, speed will be of the essence.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe the presence of BB is the reason for giving Valentini a rest. The back row will need to be everywhere in D, speed will be of the essence.

I dont know about every one else but Samu has been awesome, his so quick his tough in tight spots he plays 10 foot tall. I love him off the bench because (like Hooper could be) his the worst thing defense want at 60 mins quick strong fast hard..