• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RA Pathways.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm a bit confused with the use of the Super Franchise names for the U16s and U19s.
Is this the first time that this has been done?

Isn't the under-age pathways under the State Unions?

The Western Force pathway is through the Fortescue Academy.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm a bit confused with the use of the Super Franchise names for the U16s and U19s.
Is this the first time that this has been done?

Isn't the under-age pathways under the State Unions?

The Western Force pathway is through the Fortescue Academy.
Not sure of the exact mechanics of it but I know NSW call it 'Gen Blue' for theirs but I hope it's all heading towards a system with U16s, 19s then A teams under the existing professional banner as a way of developing talent in the national interest.

Will take some play nice attitude between organisations which isn't how we do it here but it feels like a good start.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
u19 WAR v REB. Both teams were previously undefeated.

38-27 to the Waratahs. But 5 tries each!

Rebels certainly held their own, dominated often, and had quite a few players outshine their NSW counterparts.

Rebels no. 10 seems like a very smart rugby player. Knew how to set his outside players up with good kicking and passing into space. No. 12 also a real handful.

But here's the thing. According to the commentators, at least 8 Rebels players will still be u19 again next year.

The value of this comp is that it will help to keep players in the pathway by allowing them rep honours, exposing them to a more competitive level, better coaching, and better team-mates to play alongside. It's great to feel like you're on the journey towards Super Rugby together.

The biggest issue facing the Rebels and Force Super Rugby teams is that they need to build their team from the ground up, with players playing together through the juniors. And this comp is a small, but important step in that direction.