• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rams v Vikings NRC Round 2: Thursday 28 August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Rams

1. LOOSEHEAD PROP Benn Robinson Eastwood

2. HOOKER Hugh Roach Eastwood

3. TIGHTHEAD PROP Guy Millar Eastwood

4. LEFT LOCK Jared Barry Eastwood

5. RIGHT LOCK Steve Mafi Parramatta

6. OPENSIDE FLANKER Hugh Perrett Eastwood

7. BLINDSIDE FLANKER Chris Alcock Eastwood

8. NUMBER EIGHT Jed Holloway (Captain) Southern Districts

9. SCRUMHALF Vasa Falaelli Newcastle

10. FLYHALF Ben Volavola Southern Districts

11. LEFTWING Taqele Naiyaravaro West Harbour

12. INSIDE CENTRE Henry Taefu Sunnybank

13. OUTSIDE CENTRE Michael McDougall Eastwood

14. RIGHT WING Atieli Pakalani Southern Districts

15. FULLBACK Dane Chisholm Manly

REPLACEMENTS

16. RESERVE Maile Ngauamo Southern Districts

17. RESERVE Jed Gillespie (FR) Eastwood

18. RESERVE Dave Lolohea (FR) West Harbour

19. RESERVE Dylan Sigg Manly

20. RESERVE Pat Sio Eastwood

21. RESERVE Mark Swanepoel Manly

22. RESERVE Jai Ayoub Eastwood

23. RESERVE Henry Seavula West Harbour

Vikings

1. Les Makin
2. Lala Lam
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Tom Staniforth
5. Tim Cree
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler (vc)
8. Fotu Auelua ©
9. Michael Dowsett
10. Isaac Thompson
11. Robbie Coleman (vc)
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Nigel Ahwong
14. Brendon Taueki
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Mitch Wade
17. JP Smith
18. Ruan Smith
19. Tom Cusack
20. Sean Doyle
21. Edan Campbell-O’Brien
22. Jake Rakic
23. Jerome Niumata

T

Train Without a Station

I don't like the way that the Rams have disregarded politics and just picked the best players available to them. I want to see only Souths, Two Blues, Pirates and Emus players dammit. I don't care if they're inferior to players who would otherwise miss out. This competition isn't about playing the best players, it's about club politics dammit.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That's a strong Rams front row up against a rookie Vikings set. Interested to see if Barry keeps up his good form at this level, and just how good is Perrett. Played the GF on one leg and never stopped.

It could well be murder on the wing if Taquele is up against Robbie Coleman although it seems they might both play left wing. Don't know how big Taueki is but he will certainly have his hands full trying to stop Taquele. On last weeks showing I don't like Niumata's chances against the big bloke if he gets on.

Looking for the Vikings to keep the ball in hand this week instead of continually kicking it away on first or second phase, but think they'll find the Rams too hard to beat at home.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steve Mafi needs a better game and hopefully Alcock plays this time.. Tough on Jai Ayoub, the rest of the team let him down with their handling. Need to get Taqele involved more, he has obvious weaknesses but can't ignore his wrecking ball ability on the wing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I want to see only Souths, Two Blues, Pirates and Emus players dammit. I don't care if they're inferior to players who would otherwise miss out. This competition isn't about playing the best players, it's about club politics dammit.

Soooooo you want to see the Rams get humped every single week?

Now, they didn't put on a great show last week against the Eagles but I put that mostly down to Swanepoel (can go back to Manly AFAIC) and Ayoub (can't jack it with the big boys).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Looking for the Vikings to keep the ball in hand this week instead of continually kicking it away on first or second phase, but think they'll find the Rams too hard to beat at home.

All Brumbies back row. Nice to see you're taking the underdog tag early.

It will be a heavy track due to all the rain and forwards need to front up this week.

Teams backs need to stop kicking it away and give Taqele some sympathetic passes on first phase

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Soooooo you want to see the Rams get humped every single week?

Now, they didn't put on a great show last week against the Eagles but I put that mostly down to Swanepoel (can go back to Manly AFAIC) and Ayoub (can't jack it with the big boys).
The 9 & 10 were both crap last week,but not as bad as Ben V & Chisholm.
Yet both Ben V & Chisholm have bigger roles this week.
If the Vikings can isolate Chisholm in D,100 is not out of the question.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

They were a complete rabble in the conditions, if it's wet again they will found out again.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If you go too far West of Anzac Parade, you may run into some monstrous fire breathing dragons that can swallow your car whole.

Take your camera, you may get to take a shot of the edge of the world.:) It's apparently not too far from the 'Riff, just not too sure which side.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Ben V played 15 in defense/counter for Souths, with Chisholm as well, it will be interesting to see how they set up in defense

T

Train Without a Station

Apparently the solution to all our depth problems in the centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.