• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Random Robbie Rumblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Inspired by Gagger's front page post, here's a thread dedicated to the randomness of Dingo Deans.

If you add Robbie comments to this thread I'll add them to the script as time permits.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
They have to work with the people around them and work for the people around them

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
You enter these processes in good faith and you hope that you have a good chance

What I was seeking from the process was to find out what they wanted. If they wanted me that would have been great but I found out they didn't. So I learnt what I went into it to learn, so it's time to move on.

No one likes to be somewhere where they are not wanted it makes the experience a poor one and makes it challenging to the point of being unattainable,

I have no doubt I could have worked effectively and constructively with the people around me.

It's about what you do while you are there. That's the priority. That's what you derive your satisfaction and enjoyment from.

That's what you walk away with and remember. So it's not a relief in terms of the outcome, it is more of a relief in terms of the clarity.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It was evident that that void was going to have to be filled. The perception of people I spoke to was that it was going to take time, and that's true.

It's not at the level we would like yet on all fronts - technique, understanding of role play, and pure enthusiasm.

France are a side which is really athletic, energetic, and seldom idle because they are all constantly looking for what they can do to make a difference.

Having done one thing, they are proactive in looking to contribute again. That makes them challenging. They understand their role play, and that's what you've got to have to win in New Zealand once, potentially twice.

It will be a great indicator in terms of their ability to lead, to initiate, to contribute, and help a team to thrive.

Now he is a genuine No.10 and looks totally comfortable in his own skin. He's going well.

While he was there there was nominal exposure for the next tier as well, perhaps they stopped chasing, and played other positions.

It changes from month to month and every individual has a different perspective, which you would expect, particularly around their own people.

I am picking South Africa will come out of their Lions series honed and buoyant. If they don't win and aren't buoyant, they'll certainly be better for the experience. You will see them getting back to their World Cup mentality.

New Zealand have a hold of the silverware. We will be chasing and we will be better than last year. And we weren't that far away last year.

His acts were the pivotal acts in the game that turned the momentum.

But, most importantly, what was evident most of all was his desire. He still wants to make a difference as opposed to just make up the numbers, and that's a critical quality with any player.

There's no guarantees for any player - and they don't want a guarantee. Nothing is forever. They're all very aware and conscious of the fact that it will finish some time.

That's not the point. The point is, what are you going to experience while you're in it and while you're involved and how long do you want to be involved. What is it that excites you?

I'd certainly look at it if it became an opportunity. I've expressed an interest to coach at an international level again. So I would. It all depends on the circumstances on the other side, the Australian board's stance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon you could do one of those with De Villiers and use the quotes of Kramer's lawyer, Jackie CHiles, and you couldn't tell the difference.

jackie-chiles.jpg

and

Springboks+Press+Conference+BottJDdNI5pl.jpg

Now tell me if this is Peter or Jackie speaking?

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous!

or

That's going to be a problem. It's gonna be a problem for them. This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You've nailed it Noddy. :lmao:
Surely a trick question - both quotes could be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.