• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC4 - Australia v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

Love it, Cheik is reading from my hymn sheet. Get Hooper on the bench and we are getting close to our best XV now.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
It's a Tahs thing. Kepu actually started in Super rugby as a LHP, but was quickly switched. Ryan started at LHP also, but Tom Robbo at THP. WTF

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's a Tahs thing. Kepu actually started in Super rugby as a LHP, but was quickly switched. Ryan started at LHP also, but Tom Robbo at THP. WTF

not really. Holmes and Slipper have swapped through their careers. Slipper was a 1 all this season, but is now playing 3 for QLD Country

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cheika working out that being safe won't cut it, selection wise.

Folau to the wing, and DHP fb good option to test as is Kepu and Tupou as reserve props with one to play LHP also good option to try. As you know the down side risk is probably not great - but upside huge.....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, three out of the four props have played both sides of the scrum. I thought the practice of playing Kepu at LHP had well and truly finished, but obviously I'm wrong.

PLEASE, PLEASE selectors, put a prop on his best side and LEAVE HIM THERE!

Came the cry in the wilderness.

I am not too fussed with the props, but will be hoping Kepu can add strength at the scrum. I would actually more prefer to see Pocock moved to No 7 and Samu/Timu brought into No 8, but I am in the wilderness too. But not alone.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Came the cry in the wilderness.

I am not too fussed with the props, but will be hoping Kepu can add strength at the scrum. I would actually more prefer to see Pocock moved to No 7 and Samu/Timu brought into No 8, but I am in the wilderness too. But not alone.
Hooper is a better 7 and 8 then both Samu and Timu... although he has been off his best since his injury..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
These Argentinian fixtures are a real lose-lose for the Wallabies. The choir starts chirping before the game about how the Pumas are going to thrash us and if we win it’s never by enough or “darkness would have put 80 on them.” Aside from all that white noise this is a much more enticing fixture to watch than last week’s. The Argentinians play an entertaining brand of Rugby and I will enjoy watching our backs in a bit of space and Tupou and Fainga'a wreaking havoc when they get on.

B

Bobby Sands

Cheika working out that being safe won't cut it, selection wise.

Folau to the wing, and DHP fb good option to test as is Kepu and Tupou as reserve props with one to play LHP also good option to try. As you know the down side risk is probably not great - but upside huge...

It is so welcome.

Watching the same machinations week after week fail was worse than the results themselves.

B

Bobby Sands

Hooper is a better 7 and 8 then both Samu and Timu. although he has been off his best since his injury..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Again, its about the backrow as a combination not whether Hooper is a better 7 than (insert n comparison) (Samu is an 8 etc).

What is our best backrow is the question, not who is our three best backrowers.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Again, its about the backrow as a combination not whether Hooper is a better 7 than (insert n comparison) (Samu is an 8 etc).

What is our best backrow is the question, not who is our three best backrowers.
Timu maybe but Samu is like for like.

More questions will be asked when/if Dempsey, Naisarani or MaMahon become options.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Was on the GC weekend just gone & saw some advertising Inc a countdown clock opposite Cavill Mall but also probably saw & heard more about the triathlon this week & prep works for GC600. Anyone know how ticket sales are going and/ or have an idea how big a crowd RA are expecting/ hoping for?
Looks like at least few bays are unavailable to grab tix in now so maybe crowd won't be diabolical although you'd have to think they just haven't released the corner sections.

Sadly my wife's cousin has picked this Saturday to get married and wife doesn't think ditching the reception to head to the rugby is an acceptable compromise. Why can't people just get married in the off-season....
7b24492454265b8ec193025695c25b2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B

Bobby Sands

Timu maybe but Samu is like for like.

More questions will be asked when/if Dempsey, Naisarani or MaMahon become options.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hear you and generally agree, however, Samu and Hooper are not like for like. Nor are they even really similar as players.

You're not talking about size/weight, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.