• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 1 SRA 2021 Queensland Reds v NSFW Waratahs

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Surprised to see hookers and open side flankers so low on the list, given how many of these end up as Team Captains, and how much impact they have on the game. If you can not win your own lineout or scrum ball, or grab a try off the back of a rolling maul (Hooker) or make tackles, slow down opposition breakdowns, or make pilfers or force turnover penalties (Flanker), a team will struggle to win a game.
Agree with their impact on the game .

The low ranking of 7’s might have something to do with how many there are to choose from .

Can remember showing up to my first senior club training many years ago and we were broken up into groups by position . After looking over at the small number in the locks’ group , said to a mate of mine we would have a much better chance of playing First grade if we were 6”6’.

Anecdotal I know , but we produce a lot of athletic flanker/centre type bodies . The truely big units are fairly rare.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Beautiful pre-match blurb on WOWOW for this match.....
Reds, who unfortunately missed the throne last season, are aiming to win the opening game of the home with world-class teams such as PR Tupou and WTB Petaia! The Waratas, who have left the FL Hooper of the Daikoku Pillar, aim to unite with young people such as PR bells!

giphy.gif