• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 10: Kings v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Good news for the Rebels and Congrats to Colby.

"The Rebels are hoping for a boost ahead of the second-leg of their tour with an expected return of Colby Fainga’a, following the safe arrival of his new daughter, Dominic Day, Toby Smith and Marika Koroibete, who was a late withdrawal on Saturday with a back injury."

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lionel Cronje said:
We have been improving week in and week out and I can tell you that this will not be our last win. We have plenty more games left in this competition, and we will win a few of those. I can tell you that.
The message from the Kings' captain.

Arrogant yet admirable.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The message from the Kings' captain.

Arrogant yet admirable.

If I was in his position I'd be telling everyone exactly the same thing. They have nothing to lose and certainly look to be enjoying their rugby more than the Shorks.

I reckon their next win will come this weekend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Based on SM posts, Don Day is currently in SA. I'd expect him to play, perhaps with Cummins off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
stronger side again, JD injured ? dropped ? Volavola to start at 10.
6/2 bench split always a potential problem

Melbourne Rebels team for Round 10 v Sharks:
1. Fereti Sa’aga
2. Siliva Siliva
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. Steve Cummins
5. Culum Retallick6. Jake Schatz
6. Jake Schatz
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Ben Volavola
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Mitch Inman
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Reece Hodge

Reserves
16. James Hanson
17. Toby Smith
18. Laurie Weeks
19. Dominic Day
20. Will Miller
21. Hugh Sinclair
22. Mick Snowden
23. Jackson Garden-Bachop

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
If the Kings didn't believe they could win then they wouldn't be professionals.

They've got a solid 10, a brutal forward back willing to do hard stuff, and an incredibly exciting back 3. Not enough to win a lot of games, but some.

Hopefully the Rebs get up.
It's strange of Colby to name his new daughter Dominic Day, Toby Smith and Marike Koroibete.
What a mess of a rolling sentence! In all fairness, journalists are on tight deadlines nowadays.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If the starters can keep it to a tight contest, then our bench is more than capable to come on and win. Our bench pack is better than the starting one!

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
If the Kings didn't believe they could win then they wouldn't be professionals.

They've got a solid 10, a brutal forward back willing to do hard stuff, and an incredibly exciting back 3. Not enough to win a lot of games, but some.

Hopefully the Rebs get up.

What a mess of a rolling sentence! In all fairness, journalists are on tight deadlines nowadays.
If the Rebels don't think they can win this I would be just as worried. The Kings did the travel this week so they should be the side to struggle late in the game. 4 international capped forwards on the bench to finish the game for the Rebels.

Will be very dissapointed if we don't win.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If the Rebels don't think they can win this I would be just as worried. The Kings did the travel this week so they should be the side to struggle late in the game. 4 international capped forwards on the bench to finish the game for the Rebels.

Will be very dissapointed if we don't win.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

We need to keep expectations down. :cool:

A win could put us above a few of those amazingly performed teams, that have been shitting on us all season. Just saying. Welcome to playing NZ teams mother f%&*kers haha (sarcasm here)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Kings

1. Justin Forwood
  2. Martin Bezuidenhout
  3. Ross Geldenhuys
  4. Irne Herbst
  5. Wilhelm van der Sluys
  6. Chris Cloete
  7. Tyler Paul
  8. Andisa Ntsila
  9. Louis Schreuder