• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 11: Brumbies v Jaguares, Buenos Aires, 28 April 7:40am AEST

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2 changes for the Brumbies starting side - Slipper in for Sio and Lucas in for Powell

James SLIPPER
Folau FAINGA’A
Allan Ala'alatoa
Rory ARNOLD
Sam CARTER
Jahrome BROWN
Tom CUSACK
Pate SAMU
Matt LUCAS
Christian LEALIIFANO
Toni PULU
Tom WRIGHT
Tevita KURIDRANI
Henry SPEIGHT
Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
Connal MCINERNEY
Scott SIO
Leslie LEULUAIALII-MAKIN
Darcy SWAIN
Murray DOUGLAS
Joe POWELL
Irae SIMONE
Andy MUIRHEAD

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Giving Joe a bit of rest? His last two games have been outstanding. Unfortunately, Lucas is quite a big step down from Joe.

The pack should again finish on top, but the backs might have some problems. If they defend like last week, then the Argentinians will find it hard to score. The attack probably rests on how well Tom Wright can perform at 12. His handling is inconsistent but he can break the line if he holds the ball. Hopefully, he will continue the improvement he has shown in the past couple of weeks.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think it will come to the pigs, I think the boys aim up again we will get it over the Jags, the backs have worked well with what they have had, building nicely, 3 on the trot would be good specially 2 overseas come back home with some runs in the bank and a tilt at the final's.

Let's go Brumbies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My biggest concern is that the Brumbies will need to win and retain possession at least 50% or more. If the Jaguares have as much ball as the Stormers had, they will put on plenty of tries.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So McCaffery out this game as well, should have probably headed home with Poey and Bongo.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Some poor handling from the Brumbies, Jaguares were more physical in defence in the second half and stifled the Brumbies attack

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good win by the Jaguares, scoreline probably didn't reflect their effort. 1st half good by the Brumbies but nothing left in the bag of tricks for the 2nd half. Really should've scored when they had multiple penalties at the Jag's tryline and a man up.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think that Jaguares, try were Samu made the tackle then got cleaned out, they never released it, but we really were on the back foot most of the game so not a bad result.

I think we would have been happy with a win and a losing bonus point from the tour before we left, so I'll take it. Back home next week to knock the Blue's off hopefully a few of the injured players back and we can get back to winning. Not to far off the pace to not make the finals.

Lets go Brumbies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, that was a match the Brumbies could've won if they were able to hold onto the ball........ too many opportunities lost due to dropped balls.

Their defence was solid again, but they need to work on their ball security.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Positives....... er, let's see.........

Folau Fainga'a.........

Brumbies' set piece.........

Kuridrani played well - didn't always just try to bash over his opposite number, and was a beast in defence........

Brumbies defence almost as good as last week........

Tom Banks slicing through a gap for a try.........

Folau Fainga'a.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aside from all the dropped balls............

Matt Lucas aimlessly kicking the ball away when the Brumbies had the ascendancy in the first half added a few more grey hairs.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
When was the last time an Aussie match thread didn’t crack a second page?
I prefer to talk about the game on Twitter, and many others use other social media platforms. Unfortunately the threads just go over the same old things week in, week out.