• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12 2018 NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues. 36 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
His record is great but I think Cooper is past it.

If he can find a coach that thinks he is up to Super Rugby and prove otherwise then I'm all for him coming back. At his best form he's clearly an exceptional player.

I just have my doubts we'll ever see it again.

His current situation is interesting. It certainly looks like the door is shut to him in Queensland. If he stays there beyond this season just playing club rugby is he basically drawing the curtains on his elite career? Another year of club rugby isn't likely to land him a big contract after that.

Maybe Cooper can get a gig in France with Isaia?

True true.
Sadly Thorne is possibly the type of coach to be able to help address Coopers weaknesses but didn't give it a shot. I can't help but think that having QC (Quade Cooper) around and given a bit of responsibility in attack training could've been a quid-pro-quo for Thorne.

Alas for what could've beens. Seems QC (Quade Cooper) on the personal front just wants to be in Brissie and maybe is accepting the risk that he's done for in "yellow". Or maybe he's backing the balleymore carpark to usurp Thorne quickly and then he'll be back!

if I get back to Brisvegas anytime soon I'll probably try catch a Souths game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey what a great idea - as we shrink our way to greatness lets just every year as fans desert Super Rugby we just find smaller ovals to play at - so RA can keep playing the smoke and mirrors game that nothing is wrong as we are filing our stadiums. Now where can I find good venues in Sydney that seat 5,000 spectators for next season.hmmm

Jesus Christ mate I wasnt making any comments about RA. Just a simple observation that the atmosphere looked great at that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.