• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12 2018 NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues. 36 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thread title needs to be amended to 37 and 1.

gest6_zpsfc2e91a7.gif

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I think the NSW backs confuse playing with confidence as meaning,
we can try low percentage plays in the last minute of a game when we are behind. If I hear one more time that a losing Aussie team, will learn from that loss and move on to next week, I will seriously lose my shit.

This. The post match interviews are so infuriating to watch. Like Coleman after the Rebels match was asked about the differences from the first half to the second. His reply was something like "in the second half weren't able to stick to our processes blah blah". Mate, you don't HAVE ANY PROCESSES for winning. The only reason they were in it after the first half were a gimmie try off an originally lost ball and the Crusaders making mistakes.

You have to wonder if this is the sort of garbage they talk behind closed doors as well.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
I think the NSW backs confuse playing with confidence as meaning,
we can try low percentage plays in the last minute of a game when we are behind.

So last minute plays when you do a hail mary kick pass just shouldn't be in our abattoir?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
This. The post match interviews are so infuriating to watch. Like Coleman after the Rebels match was asked about the differences from the first half to the second. His reply was something like "in the second half weren't able to stick to our processes blah blah". Mate, you don't HAVE ANY PROCESSES for winning. The only reason they were in it after the first half were a gimmie try off an originally lost ball and the Crusaders making mistakes.

You have to wonder if this is the sort of garbage they talk behind closed doors as well.

I don't know if you have been following some of the discussions on other threads or a few rants on other forums about structure, building pressure, going through the phases etc. Basically Australian players have been coached from a young age since 1998 onwards that phase play and structure is the way to win rugby. Its all about structures. Forget basic skills, structures will make up for that. Forget in depth team work structures and phase play and building pressure will win us the game.

When they are asked why they failed, they do not understand, because they are following the prescribed structures. Even the coaches don't know and think it must be fitness so Chieka bangs on and flogs the players into the ground in the name of fitness (and it must be said would have killed the Conditioning coach's season tapering program in doing so). They have no conception that it is the basic skills and actually being able to play as a team that is lacking. They are so structured the Blues tonight were able to make the tackle as the ball is received, able to line up defenders and have them running onto the receiver as the ball is passed from on onside position, because AUstralian play is so structured you know what they are going to do before you even give them, the ball. Add to that if you kick the ball to Folau and chase so that you block is god aweful low trajectory kick he will either very poorly pass the ball or be forced to run it so double team him and turn it over. Easy. Same with Taquele - cannot kick, double team him and run at him and step on attack because he is a very poor defender especially if he misses his first tackle of the day. Target the ruck because Australian forwards for all the gym work are weak in contact and will not be able to move a single opposition player at the ruck and will most likely go backwards in contact.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agreed Gnostic.

My phrase I’ve started to use is kiwi teams play within a framework, we play within a structure.

Frameworks are flexible and allow for decisions to be made within certain perimeters, structures are rigid and choreographed.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Instead of writing all that you could just say we can't play rugby. League? sure. AFL? Yup. Rugby? not a chance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
An abattoir is precisely where that shit belongs.
Did Beale have a meeting to get to? His attitude seemed to be “fuck this, I’m not hanging around to try and score off the 20th phase let’s just go the crash or crash through speculator”.

The team thought they had a penalty advantage apparently

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, I can understand the pain of Aussie fans today, but I will say I hope the Blues fans realise how good a win that was for them! I didn't think they had it in them to win a game by basically getting in front and working their arses off to stay there! That was the biggest think I imagine Tana will be pleased about. Tahs had a few players doing some real good things Folau etc, but really maybe just too many were plodding a bit. I hope everyone pats Cam Clarke on the back, as I can't remember offhand last time I saw an Aus player chase that hard, that was what Aus rugby needs more of! All in all Blues should be feeling quietly happy on the flight home today.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
(except for the Force).

I think its great that the Force have shown us the way forward: beating up a Fiji second- and third-string squad in front of 20,000 people driven by hate. That's the way back to Bledisloe glory.

I hope everyone pats Cam Clarke on the back, as I can't remember offhand last time I saw an Aus player chase that hard, that was what Aus rugby needs more of!

(He was born in Auckland).

Status
Not open for further replies.