• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Hurricanes vs Rebels - 04/05 - 3:15pm Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Two consecutive losses make this into almost a must win game for the Rebels.

Too bad it's against the 'Canes in Wellington :(

Possible returns from injury for both DHP and Jordan Uelese.

Anyone think we're any chance in this one?

3:15pm, Saturday May 4th
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not looking good is it. Is Cottrell a chance to return? Hopefully the Rebels can perform better tagged as underdogs. I have horrible visions of Koroibete racing up to tackle Barrett(s), a side step and burning him on the outside.

Surely about time the Hurricanes rested their ABs no?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not looking good is it. Is Cottrell a chance to return? Hopefully the Rebels can perform better tagged as underdogs. I have horrible visions of Koroibete racing up to tackle Barrett(s), a side step and burning him on the outside.

Surely about time the Hurricanes rested their ABs no?

Yep Dc, just for you I will suggest that the Barrett boys and Ardie need another rest , hell they have played one game in a row!!;)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Let's be positive,

We are undefeated against NZ opposition in 2019.

That's all I got

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Let's be positive,

We are undefeated against NZ opposition in 2019.

That's all I got

QC (Quade Cooper) crossfield kicks to Maddocks who is like a head taller than Tiatia or Goosen (also hope that Ben Lam ain't back). Hurricanes have a non-AB lineout, so get some ascendency there.

Genia v TJ should be a good battle. I fear BB v Quade is a bit predictable.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
QC (Quade Cooper) crossfield kicks to Maddocks who is like a head taller than Tiatia or Goosen (also hope that Ben Lam ain't back). Hurricanes have a non-AB lineout, so get some ascendency there.

Genia v TJ should be a good battle. I fear BB v Quade is a bit predictable.

Agree Maddocks in the air is a possitive.

Also think Genia is more level headed than TJ, anytime I have seen him behind a forward pack that's not going well he loses his head. Shame I can't see that happening in this one.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Not much chance this week unfortunately. The four weeks after this week are crucial, Reds and Bulls at home, Sunwolves away and Waratahs at home. Need to win at least 3, possibly all 4 of those matches.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ins: Angus Cottrell, Pone Fa’amausili, Dane Haylett-Petty (c)

Outs: Adam Coleman, Richard Hardwick, Sione Tuipulotu

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Luke Jones
5. Matt Philip
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Rob Leota
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Reece Hodge
13. Tom English
14. Jack Maddocks
15. Dane Haylett-Petty (c)

Replacements

16. Hugh Roach
17. Matt Gibbon
18. Sam Talakai
19. Ross Haylett-Petty
20. Pone Fa’amausili
21. Michael Ruru
22. Billy Meakes
23. Campbell Magnay

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
No Uelese is curious for me, considering he's cleared to play. Perhaps saving him a trip, or Roach is doing enough to retain his place? Is Robbie still in the squad, or is he heading north to cover Bongo's injury?

Is Adam injured, or being rested?

I pegged Rob as more of a 6/8 player, so not sure why he's playing at openside. Having said that, he's been playing well with limited opportunities.

Two props on the bench tells me they are expecting a battle up front.

Probably time bill had a rest. Think he's played most minutes, behind Quade. Interesting to see how Reece goes at 12, considering I think he plays his best foot with space.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ah shame about Uelese, we need him back.

Also, I rate Leota highly, but he is not a 7, let alone a 7 capable of going at it with Savea. Ardie will be running riot.

Two props on the bench tells me they are expecting a battle up front.

Three props on the bench. What is Pone doing at 20. Is Hardwick injured? With Leota at 7 it feels like our backrow stocks aren't healthy.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
That is a very strange team.

One bench player to cover the second and third rows (unless Pone has transformed into a back rower over the past few weeks)?

Is Sam Jeffries permanently injured? Surely he should have been named on the bench if Coleman is out.

Strange team.

Reactions: dru

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Looks like Coleman is out with a shoulder injury.

Uelese will be brought back through Dewar shield. Where are the students playing this weekend?