• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Reds v Sunwolves, Lang Park, 3/5/19 @ 7:45pm

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Need to take this one very seriously. Sunwolves are a very dangerous side. Do not want to drop Kerevi for this one

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He has to be rested eventually. We're stuffed no matter which game it is.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Didn't Cheika say something about these not actually being rests? It's not so the players can recover, it's so they can actually train harder and stay fitter. In the middle of a season, players lose fitness gradually as they stay fresh for games.

In Rowing - they will train right through major international and domestic events at the risk of diminished results, because they can only afford to taper for 1 or 2 races a year for optimal results.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Aus, NZ and SA have very similar resting policies this season.

Let's hope it pays off for all of us come RWC time, but more so for the Boks of course.

I will wager Argentine will have a good RWC. They will certainly be battle hardened with all of Tonga, France and England to contend with in their pool and the USA are better than they have been lately.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
What happens if Thorn gets stubborn & we don't rest him?

Well he can get stuffed if he does, this is the type of attitude of state first bullshit, that puts Australian Rugby in a hole.

Every other team's agreed to it, why does the Red's get to not do it, because they want to win, what is better for Australian rugby winning a world cup or winning a super rugby title for qld.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Well he can get stuffed if he does, this is the type of attitude of state first bullshit, that puts Australian Rugby in a hole.

Every other team's agreed to it, why does the Red's get to not do it, because they want to win, what is better for Australian rugby winning a world cup or winning a super rugby title for qld.

I think that Super Rugby is more important than the Wallabies for the game.

No matter how bad we look going into the world cup there are "part time" fans who will pay interest, and a slim minority may get interested in the game, most will go back to their favorite sport.

For me, I would rather the Reds pulling higher crowds than the Broncos and averaging over 30,000 fans a game as they did at their peak when they won the title. I would prefer the Brumbies to sell out Bruce Stadium like they did at their peak, same with the Tahs.

Imagine if between the four super rugby teams we could get Reds 30k, Brumbies 20k, Tahs 30k and Rebels 15k each week.

I would take 95,000 paying customers a round over performing well at the world cup.

If we pulled those crowds then our teams are performing and we would probably do well at the world cup.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

He has been resting players. Rodda, Salakaia-Loto, Naivalu & Tupou have all been rested.

He is just in a really hard spot with Kerevi because we are relying on him so much at the moment.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think that Super Rugby is more important than the Wallabies for the game.

No matter how bad we look going into the world cup there are "part time" fans who will pay interest, and a slim minority may get interested in the game, most will go back to their favorite sport.

For me, I would rather the Reds pulling higher crowds than the Broncos and averaging over 30,000 fans a game as they did at their peak when they won the title. I would prefer the Brumbies to sell out Bruce Stadium like they did at their peak, same with the Tahs.

Imagine if between the four super rugby teams we could get Reds 30k, Brumbies 20k, Tahs 30k and Rebels 15k each week.

I would take 95,000 paying customers a round over performing well at the world cup.

If we pulled those crowds then our teams are performing and we would probably do well at the world cup.

I don't think so the injection into Super Rugby if we win the world cup will be the flow on effects, this year it's important to focus on the WC. Not the Red's scraping into the Super Finals.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does anyone know the specifics of Timu's Premier Rugby ban?

Courier Mail said he was banned for 5 weeks at the hearing on April 1st but he'd already missed a week by the time hearing was held.

So is he back this week or was it really a 6 week ban?

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Looks like no rest for the (un)wicked ;) according to Fox

Hamish Stewart, Jock Campbell, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Samu Kerevi (c), Sefa Naivalu, Bryce Hegarty, Tate McDermott, Scott Higginbotham, Liam Wright, Angus Scott-Young, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Izack Rodda, Taniela Tupou, Alex Mafi, Harry Hoopert
Reserves: Brandon Paenga-Amosa, JP Smith, Ruan Smith, Harry Hockings, Adam Korczyk, Moses Sorovi, Duncan Paia’aua, Seb Wileman

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Just want to see them playing with some consistency. There is talent in the squad, but need them to be able to maintain some form for more than 1 week.

The Sunwolves have some really good aspects to their play, but they are ultimately a bottom of the table team and if the Reds aspire to be more than that themselves this season they need to be able to put the Sunwolves away.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. 三上正貴
2. 堀江 翔太
3. 山下 裕史
4. グラント・ハッティング
5. トンプソン ルーク
6. ヘンドリック ツイ
7. カラ・プライアー
8. ラーボニ・ウォーレンボスアヤコ
9. 茂野 海人
10. ヘイデン・パーカー