• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Reds v Sunwolves, Lang Park, 3/5/19 @ 7:45pm

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
0430Kara1.jpg

Wrong code being played in the background there. Sad though, the Sunwolves media guy obviously googled Suncorp Stadium and then just picked the image with the biggest crowd. Just so happened to be Origin and not Rugby related. Could've been worse, it could've been a packed out Broncos game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
good shute shield career, solid at the NRC level. Capable rugby player.

Filling a hole until injured players return.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
From watching on TV, a good club man, has pace and good defense. Some ability to break the line in attack. Should go ok. For my money, the better No 13 in SS is Guy Porter at Uni. Surprised he hasn't (apparently) been picked up by a Super Rugby team.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
he is capable but I don't think he will win us a competition.

I dont think you can win a Super Rugby title without a star quality 10.

Hell we had a star and sent him to purgatory. We don't want star 10s. We want Thorn 10s. Hard to think how you are going to do better than Hegarty.

The 10 is not going to win the competition for us under Thorn. That happens elsewhere.

Hopefully.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From watching on TV, a good club man, has pace and good defense. Some ability to break the line in attack. Should go ok. For my money, the better No 13 in SS is Guy Porter at Uni. Surprised he hasn't (apparently) been picked up by a Super Rugby team.

Seb isn’t playing Shute Shield. He’s playing Qld Premier Rugby. Has been training up here for a while now and got a fill in contract when Petaia went down.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Seb Wileman trialed with the Reds in the off-season as well, they identified him last year and he has been in and around the squad since December, like Reg mentioned, he was signed as cover once Petaia was injured.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Seb isn’t playing Shute Shield. He’s playing Qld Premier Rugby. Has been training up here for a while now and got a fill in contract when Petaia went down.

I wasn't clear Reg. I meant from watching him in SS in previous years. Happy to admit that I haven't seen him in action this year.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I will be watching this game so please ensure I am entertained. Looking forward to Genia and Quade turning on the razzle dazzle!