• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 13: Rebels v Reds @ Melbourne 10/5/19 7.45 pm

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I am not sure skill wise this game was a great advert for rugby - glimpses of brilliance but long periods of scrappy play with poor ball control. Rebels for all their wallaby talent are for me still performing way below expectations
A very stop start game thanks to the wet and Gardner’s officiousness. I thought the Rebels did well to execute when given their opportunities but it certainly wasn’t an expansive free-flowing game.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
A very stop start game thanks to the wet and Gardner’s officiousness. I thought the Rebels did well to execute when given their opportunities but it certainly wasn’t an expansive free-flowing game.
Yes, what alot of people would not have realized was that Melbourne had 7mm of rain up until about 5:30pm. It's the second coldest I have ever been at AAMI park.

It's not to often I miss a match, 4 home games in total and if that rain had not cleared I was going to watch from my couch.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
He got right into Kerevi that first time, and that showed gets to act as a speedbump for Kerevi again. Good on him. He isn't a good tackler or a smart defender, but nor is he a coward.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
He got right into Kerevi that first time, and that showed gets to act as a speedbump for Kerevi again. Good on him. He isn't a good tackler or a smart defender, but nor is he a coward.

He has his flaws, but he is is often targeted for special attention.

Pretty sure most other options at 10 would have the same issues if they were in the same situation.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Very disappointing match. Gardner has ruined his last 2 games, seriously mate I want to watch a game of rugby not listen to your whistle all night, I'm not excusing any ill discipline but there are better ways to run a game.

Rebels definitely have the street smarts we need, we are not far off. We still haven't worked out a way to get the outside backs into the game and into space, hopefully next season.

Watching this game after the Auckland Wellington match geez the gulf between NZ and Aus is ever widening. They are playing such a lovely expansive/positive game with players from 1-15 playing with endeavour. The ladder sums it up succinctly.