• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 14: Rebels v Bulls - Fri 17th @7:45 - AAMI Park

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good to see Jeffries back. If we win this we should make the finals, I’m less than confident on the win tho.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The win depends on who the Bulls fly out for the SA tour. Hopefully they're resting some stars, which increases our chances.

Like to see what Leota can do at 8. Great to see Big Red back in the mix - been too long between drinks.

Love to know is Isis and Merlin are out for a Wallabies rest, or injured.

Matt To'omua! YES!

mexiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
The weather was deep into brass monkeys territory and the aus conference games are often the most poorly attended.

That does annoy me, you see how many Kiwis come out of the woodwork when the Kiwis teams visit (Hurricanes game last year)

I'm a Kiwi, grew up Waikato and Chiefs supporter. I support the Rebels because they are my local team. I had 15 years of the only rugby I got to see was 1 test a year and the odd Chiefs game when I was home visiting the family.

Now I get to see 8 Super games at home and see all the international teams as well.

Support your bloody local team!!!

Anyway - yep, surprised they are playing Quade. Whats the bet he just does the 1st half.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Great news on Quade being fit, I really hope they tested him well. Great to see Matt get some game time by round 14. Good news for the Rebels and the Wallabies.

Hopefully next week Uelese will be back too via the bench.

Any news on Coleman?

There's four Wallabies sitting in the wings, that's pretty impressive but also tough for any team to get a win missing four of their national players.

Hopefully resting them comes through and we actually make the finals and can use them.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also, gotta feel for Tom English. Great player, just not good enough when your team is world class.

Reactions: dru

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Does anyone know how many games To'omua needs to play to qualify for finals? He could potentially play 5.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would of loved the Wolfpack game to be open to the public on the following day at Gosch’s park. Would give the likes of Magnay, To’omua etc. the chance to play some more game time if they only manage less than 20mins in the main game

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
^ Thanks GMR.

If that's the case then I wonder if the argument to play him in the lead up games is stronger than the argument to maintain the existing combinations? If there is a cloud over QC (Quade Cooper)'s fitness then he's definitely needed this week at least.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Isi has a foot injury.

Jones has a fractured eye socket.

No idea what the severity is of each.

This is from the social media team, so good to see they are being transparent.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interesting about not being able to play finals. I always thought that was just for ring-ins and as To'omua was signed from the very start, it didn't matter. Obviously not.
Does it affect players like Uelese? Or is missing games due to injury okay?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
10 points from the Bulls, Sunwolves, Chiefs, and Tahs games (ignoring the Crusaders) should see us in the finals. So big game this week