• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 14: Rebels v Bulls - Fri 17th @7:45 - AAMI Park

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Has there been a worse decision in Australian Rugby than Cambell Magnay deciding to sign for his Japanese team a couple of years ago?

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Bulls just a better side tonight. Defended better, kicked better, chased better. Handled better. Particularly that last one in the final 20 min.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Rebels and Willy G are a bit like the Wallabies and Campese in the 80’s. The Rebels are as good as Genia is playing. He’s not having the best night tonight.

On the other hand, Koroibete is showing that when he doesn’t do anything stupid, he’s actually quite good.
Spot on, the Bulls nullified Genia and the Rebels were nullified. Simple game plan executed well

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I now find myself wondering when was the last time all SA teams managed to win at least one game in Australasia.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
0-4 against South African opposition. Don't think we should have lost any of them really but could not seem to step up at home against them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Considering they started with a backline many argue should be he working parts of the wallabies back line, that was shit from the rebels
Dropped the ball nearly every second line play.

I thought the only back who stood up was Marika who has been slated a bit lately. Looked test quality.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
1) Hodge ain't a 13, never has been never will be
2) Meakes has the coldest hands in Super rugby, when his off his so far off it's not even funny.
3) Maddox needs a boot up the arse, his played poor for a few weeks now.

We don't deserve to play finals, dropped two many games at home to be a real contender. If we sneak in with this top 8 bs we will be lucky.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
At the game one thing stood out to me. Play some friggen territory against Saffa teams. We tried to over play in our half and it turns out a disaster. Their plans revolve around pressure and errors, so take that out of the game by putting emphasis back on them. We are not going to win the contact battle against behemoths. The Rebels can arguably say they have the longest boot in world rugby but was never used. Bulls were also highly cynical in their own territory, so why don’t we look at playing into those areas. But no..... this ethos that a kick is a turnover in disguise has infiltrated Australia rugby that it’s now a core of our identity. When we do kick, a box kick isn’t territory and only useful when your back three is prolific in the air.