• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 15 Rebels v Sunwolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Japanese team out later tonight, but Rich's tweets are usually on the money. Can't see any BB squaddies in the pics.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Reading the rugby.com.au article reminded me of an important fact - no mention of the people's champ in ANY team sheet this year. For those who watch the training, has he been out there, or in a team rehab setup?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Dd2Wl6NV0AEela0.jpg:large
That back line has me excited

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Reading the rugby.com.au article reminded me of an important fact - no mention of the people's champ in ANY team sheet this year. For those who watch the training, has he been out there, or in a team rehab setup?
I've been wondering the same thing. A few weeks back Wessells mentioned that Weeks hadn't been available all year. Last time I saw him at a game he was off the crutches and that was a while ago.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That back line has me excited

Can't imagine why. The ball is guaranteed not to get past Meekes 95% of the time. A Hodge cut out to DHP or English is the only chance any running rugby will be on show.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Can't imagine why. The ball is guaranteed not to get past Meekes 95% of the time. A Hodge cut out to DHP or English is the only chance any running rugby will be on show.
I get it, but he passed against the Brumbies

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've been wondering the same thing. A few weeks back Wessells mentioned that Weeks hadn't been available all year. Last time I saw him at a game he was off the crutches and that was a while ago.

team rehab for all the training i've seen. running but no contact or team work as of a couple of weeks ago, not seen any traing since then.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As predicted, none of the BB picked in the Moondogs side. That team doesn't scare me a great deal.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Such a shame that Shota doesn't get to come back and play at AAMI Park, Matsushima too, but at least Gaki-san does!

11 changes from the starting side last week, but still some national team players:

"Joseph said 10 of the players named were still with the Sunwolves in Australia, but that five would fly back to Japan following the game against the Rebels with the other five joining up with the national squad after the match against the Brumbies on June 3."

Full article here.

Despite their recent form, Rebels need to be ruthless and bank a bonus point win here.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't want to be down on a player, professional sport is tough but he hasn't been up to Super Rugby standards for a number of seasons. We have (arguably) the best backline in Aus and they haven't got the ball

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
What news on JD? I been calling for a change all season but surprised to see him out the squad?

Read an article (I think by Roy Ward in the Age) where Dave Wessels said that Debreczeni was mentally and physically exhausted and was given a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.