• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 17: Crusaders v Rebels

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My contention from about 6 weeks ago that no Australian side should be anywhere near the finals has been proved IMO. Honestly if we had a promotion/relegation system all the Australian sides should be lining up and asking to drop down a grade so they could play at their level.

Its not so much a disgrace as an embarrassment that these teams and coaches honestly believe that they are deserving of professional wages.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that was a hiding, just a hint Rebels, Crusaders are a fairly good team you don't need to give them free ball and space!!
F*** me, Mounga was magic tonight, mind you Crusaders forwards were giving Hall and him a bit of decent ball. Crusaders pack was pretty reasonable tonight, and I enjoy watching Read when they going like that he is a very good 8!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
My contention from about 6 weeks ago that no Australian side should be anywhere near the finals has been proved IMO. Honestly if we had a promotion/relegation system all the Australian sides should be lining up and asking to drop down a grade so they could play at their level.

Its not so much a disgrace as an embarrassment that these teams and coaches honestly believe that they are deserving of professional wages.
A bit harsh I think. Brumbies are definitely good enough but otherwise I would agree.

Rebels not smart enough
Waratahs not good enough
Reds all over the place

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good to see him a get a chance but yeah, there’s a time and a place.
Looks like we’re gonna try and make a fist of it.. as long as it isn’t 80 odd like last time and the sadists don’t break anyone I’ll be happy enough.
I had some high hopes for Goddard when he first came over but having seen him a few times now off the bench and extensively in the NRC I'm not very impressed.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thanks crusaders for finally confirming what many of us have known which is rebels not the real deal for Find contenders.

They have the roster but really lack consistency and that extra edge of quality that makes them more marketable as a rugby product...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
A bit harsh I think. Brumbies are definitely good enough but otherwise I would agree.

Rebels not smart enough

Waratahs not good enough

Reds all over the place

Like last year being the turd at the top of the shit pile doesn't mean you are that good. They are certainly, by a long way the best in Australia. They would be IMO the only one to progress out of the second division that is Australian Rugby. The rest are no where near 1st grade.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
1) We have not been finals contenders since the Lions game.
2) No one could beat that Crusaders team tonight, they lost last week and have a bye next week. They came out to scare the rest of the competition going into finals.
3) Crusaders will win the title

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep I have often questioned that rebels are not much more than middle table quality and performance against crusaders final proof point.

Rebels do not deserve to be in the finals as with the quality of their lost fans should expect better which rebels have consistently failed to deliver (which is only area of consistency shown by the rebels).

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
1) We have not been finals contenders since the Lions game.
2) No one could beat that Crusaders team tonight, they lost last week and have a bye next week. They came out to scare the rest of the competition going into finals.
3) Crusaders will win the title

Crusaders were sublime and I agree no-one would have beaten them last night BUT with evenly shared possession and territory the Rebels should not have lost by 66 points with the players that they had. It wasn't like they weren't getting the ball, just nothing was done with it.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Once I accepted our fate it was a very entertaining display by the Cantabs. Mo'unga was just class. His ability to receive the ball, realise the defence had rushed and plop a kick on a dime was magical. Not sure I've ever seen such consistently accurate kicking.

Rebs just not up to scratch. 66 points is a schoolboy drubbing and you'd think the gas has gone from the season.