• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 18: Rebels Vs Chiefs - AAMI Park, Friday 14/06 7:45pm

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Simple equation Rebels fans, win and play finals. Lose and we sit in the corner and suck our collective thumbs till next February rolls around.

C'mon boys, we need this!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan's failure to put Bulls away has really opened the door for Tribe to crash the QF party & they're pretty confident Lurch will be ready to roll.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Clan's failure to put Bulls away has really opened the door for Tribe to crash the QF party & they're pretty confident Lurch will be ready to roll.
He's a bloody nemesis.

Rebels will be stung into action in front a a partisan 6,000 strong crowd on a cold winter night. Genia will score a solo try from 40m out, Cooper will kick 100% and our piggies will dominate the set piece.

Rebels by 11.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Carn Rebel's we wont 2 oz teams in the finals, hopefully you got your limp wristed performance out last week and you storm into the finals with a absolute grubbing of the Chiefs.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
It's a simple equation - win and we're in. Surely we can get motivated for this one

Usually I'd say something about not needing motivation but sometimes I really wonder. I'll be there. God knows it'll be the last top flight rugby here until 2020

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Team:

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Matt Philip
5. Luke Jones
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Richard Hardwick
8.Isi Naisarani
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Billy Meakes
13. Tom English
14. Reece Hodge
15. Dane Haylett-Petty (c)
Replacements
16. Jordan Uelese
17. Matt Gibbon
18. Sam Talakai
19. Ross Haylett-Petty
20. Rob Leota
21. Michael Ruru
22. Matt To'omua
23. Campbell Magnay

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Coleman went off early and had his shoulder iced. Not sure about Maddocks. As an aside, he's looking a bit pudgy and slow compared to previous years. Probably doesn't warrant a swag to Japan at this rate

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Maddog could do with a rest, I hope English and Meakes regain the early season form....the dice has been rolled. Go Rebels

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Jack strikes me as naturally talented but perhaps not the hardest worker. Benching would be appropriate. Magnay has shown glimpses of tackling starch but not much else

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tribe: 15 Solomon Alaimalo, 14 Shaun Stevenson, 13 Anton Lienert-Brown, 12 Alex Nankivell, 11 Sean Wainui, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 9 Brad Weber, 8 Pita Gus Sowakula, 7 Sam Cane (captain), 6 Lachlan Boshier, 5 Tyler Ardron, 4 Brodie Retallick, 3 Angus Ta’avao, 2 Nathan Harris, 1 Atu Moli. Substitutes: 16 Samisoni Taukei’aho, 17 Aidan Ross, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jesse Parete, 20 Mitchell Jacobson, 21 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22 Marty McKenzie, 23 Tumua Manu

Hard to see Rebs getting back up after the flogging in Cheechee, esp if Tribe are even half as good as in the last 60 in Suva.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Almost a completely different Rebels team with Genia back at 9. Meakes and English back in the centres helps too.

Rebs to do enough to make a semi