• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Rebels v Stormers - Fri 12th @7:45pm

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ah fuck, play risky and risky stuff happens. Good try though. Don't know why they couldn't play like that for the first 70 minutes of the game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well played to the Stormers. They deserve credit for that comprehensive win.

Jones was very quiet tonight, simply ineffective and we were missing go forward ball (Rangi and Philp could've helped). No excuses in the backs though, that's near the same backline that's been on fire all year. Maddocks might have helped with scoring a try or two, but probably not defensively.

Wessels the Saffa is 0/3 against SA teams.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well they really missed a trick here. Stormers last and pretty pants and they get flogged.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Well that was pretty atrocious. By far the worst game they have played all year - and that is pretty much the case for every player in the team.

The Stormers did put them under immense pressure but the screw ups were just one after another. I think we call that mistake ridden. Left at least 2 almost certain tries on the park and the defense on the Stormers tries was just non existent.

And then there were the unforced errors with the highlight being the kick off.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Screenshot_20190412-232926.png
This is horrible

Stats nearly make me want to cry, we dominate the stats, except defense and got flogged.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Thought that was a great game of footy to watch. Two very different game plans working different strengths.

Thought for all money that the Stormers would fall apart at the death after the awesome first half D. Rebels lost the game there I think - not taking their opportunities. 1 bloke did not lose that game - but Tupou is going to be looking for more accuracy as they go forward.

Actually thought that Ruru looked an improvement when he came on - the extra delivery pace and fresh legs worked with the inside backs to push a completion plan. It would have been a win against the game at that point but the boys gave it a good crack.

Well done Stormers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought the Stormers went bloody well, but the Rebels just seemed to be a bit off their game, reminded me a bit of Crusaders against Tahs a few weeks back,, just too many players just not quite there on night.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well played to the Stormers. They deserve credit for that comprehensive win.

Jones was very quiet tonight, simply ineffective and we were missing go forward ball (Rangi and Philp could've helped). .

Coleman was ineffective in the first half. Frankly the whole forward pack seemed to be overshadowed. Have not bothered watching the rest of the game yet. Maybe I will give it a miss.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have been skeptical of rebels being a real threat to win the competition and tonight’s game yet again after the South Africa tour proved it.

Just don’t seem to have a plan b when can’t unlock defences and ability to control the football in key moments equally regular problem as is the second half fades.

Rebels might top the oz conference but can’t see them progressing very far in the finals.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stormers dominated the contact zone, that was literally the difference in the teams. Rebels really needed to be patient, plug the corners and let the Stormers play their way out of territory. It required a tight game plan to minimize the mistakes, which probably gave the opposition 25+ of their points.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting how contagious is the non-reporting of crowd figures as attendance for Super Rugby games continue to diminish.

The Waratahs stopped reporting crowd figures of <10,000 a couple of years ago.

Now the Rebels and AAMI Park are doing the same........no crowd attendance figures for games against Brumbies (8/3), Sunwolves (6/4) and Stormers (12/4).

Does anybody have attendance numbers for these three games?

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting how contagious is the non-reporting of crowd figures as attendance for Super Rugby games continue to diminish.

The Waratahs stopped reporting crowd figures of <10,000 a couple of years ago.

Now the Rebels and AAMI Park are doing the same....no crowd attendance figures for games against Brumbies (8/3), Sunwolves (6/4) and Stormers (12/4).

Does anybody have attendance numbers for these three games?

The crowd was slim. May I make the observation that the schedule has put a Melbourne game in the middle of our Victorian school holidays, so even the school kid players, who, I am told get free admission, were unable to attend.
It is ridiculous that the schedulers get a NZ derby every Friday and Saturday night but our schedules began with byes - during the non AFL period, and continue during school holidays. There is no sense in how it has been scheduled.
Having said that, attendance is a serious concern. I take it that FF (Folau Fainga'a) is pointing out that eastern state attendance to games is so small it might be time to close down the comp - while at the same time, his western state attendance to their new comp is going from strength to strength.
I think he is entitled to make his point and not bullied into shutting up.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah Friday night was an absolute 'mare to get to the game with pretty much all SE trains down and in the middle of the holidays. Not fun.