• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Sharks Vs Rebels - 23rd April 3:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The Durban Cell C Sharks host the Melbourne Rebels
April 23rd 03:30am at Growthpoint King Park, Durban

I think I'll be recording this one.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Durban Cell C Sharks host the Melbourne Rebels
April 23rd 03:30am at Growthpoint King Park, Durban

I think I'll be recording this one.
Yes, both SA games are 3:30am kick offs.

Still a really good chance to puck up a couple of wins. Sharks have not been that impressive from the little bit I have seen. Our backrow issues may jump out and bite us here.

Colbys absence was really not what we needed. Timani brain snap could not have come at a more costly time.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1 from 2 could put us on the right path to finish the season strong, hopefully ending the season away from the bottle of the conference.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
1 from 2 could put us on the right path to finish the season strong, hopefully ending the season away from the bottle of the conference.

I reckon, for the Rebels fans, they've already hit the bottle quite hard. Predictive text is one of the curses of the modern age.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm guessing that Schatz will start at 6 with one of Tupai, Sinclair or Miller in the backrow and one on the bench.

17 year old, Esei Haangana might get a cap at lock.

We're pretty light on this week.

D

daz

The rebound from hitting the bottle, sorry, bottom, and the huge lift post-Brumbies win is going to shoot us step by step back up the Oz conference ladder. Rebels to make Flake out of the Sharks by 10.

I'm predicting* we will finish the year 3rd in the Oz conference, behind the Tahs and Brumbies.

Yup, I said it. Game on, mofo's.

*I have almost no form in my prognostications, ever. So trust me at your peril. But this time I'm farkin' right.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Sharks
15 Rhyno Smith, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 1. Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Philip van der Walt, 6 Tera Mtembu (captain), 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Etienne Oosthuizen, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Franco Marais, 1 Beast Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Ruan Botha, 20 Jacques Vermeulen, 21 Michael Claassens, 22 Benhard Janse van Rensburg, 23 Jeremy Ward

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So just reading some SA articles, and the Sharks can go get stuffed now. Bonus point hunting etc. They may be 5-2 this season but they still lost to the Reds.

Don't Sharks know what happens when they attack the wrong Aussie

tumblr_ntofc366Ko1urd0eno1_1280.jpg

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Revels v Sharks and at the same time, Sunwovles v Highlanders, so the board could reshuffle, according to the standings, 18 plays 7 and 17 plays 9, so both games are a similar standing, although, in my mind, Highlanders play a tougher game, so expect their point differential to blow out more than ours.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Melbourne Rebels

1. Sa'aga
  2. Siliva
  3. Lomax
  4. Cummins
  5. Retallick
  6. Schatz
  7. Miller
  8. Mafi
  9. Stirzacker
  10. Debreczeni
  11. Koroibete
  12. Inman
  13. English
  14. Naivalu
  15. Hodge

16. Hanson
  17. Moloney
  18. Weeks
  19. Haangana
  20. Sinclair
  21. Snowden
  22. Garden-Bachop
  23. Volavola

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Targeting the Kings game !
Perhaps but, TT might be thinking he needs some experienced bench cover with Chibba and Weeks. The other five benchies only have a handful of games between them.

Slightly disappointed that Tupai wasn't given first crack before Sinclair.

Edit: six benchies #mathsfail

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Perhaps but, TT might be thinking he needs some experienced bench cover with Chibba and Weeks. The other five benchies only have a handful of games between them.

Slightly disappointed that Tupai wasn't given first crack before Sinclair.
agree about bench and so am i re Tupai

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
OTOH, TT may well have thought that since that front row won a scrum penalty last week that they get to start this week.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So was just reading the Sharks preview, how they do rugby different in SA.

Match day schedule

13h00 Parking Gates Open
13h15 Turnstiles Open
13h30 Crawford La Lucia vs. Curro Hillcrest
15h00 St Henry’s vs. Ashton College
17h00 Sharks XV vs Griquas
19h30 CELL C SHARKS vs REBELS

Wish they would play some good games before our games. Also having them finish closer to kick off helps.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
This must be the worst game of the season so far in its entirety.
Have to agree it was absolutely dire.
Rebels really threw away a very rare opportunity to win against a 14 man team
I'm afraid nothing to celebrate in this other than can we keep Will Miller forever
What a gun

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Why did the Rebels winger at the end not try to chip kick the ball?

He seemed to accept the tackle. I wonder if he just simply cant kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.