• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD6 : Brumbies v Sunwolves, Wollongong Friday 6 March 2:45pm AEDT

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Still no Fainga'a for the Brumbies. Ryan Lonergan and Toni Pulu into the starting side.

1. Scott Sio
2. Connal McInerney
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Murray Douglas
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Rob Valetini
7. Will Miller
8. Pete Samu
9. Ryan Lonergan
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Toni Pulu
12. Irae Simone
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Solomone Kata
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. James Slipper
18. Tom Ross
19. Darcy Swain
20. Tom Cusack
21. Joe Powell
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Tom Wright

B

Bobby Sands

What happens to Kuenzle? Pasitoa has seemingly leapfrogged him..

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2020%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B30303.jpg

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I love that Dan is thoughtfully rotating through his squad, something Gibson could have learned from. A great chance to keep building combinations which should see them well into the season.

I really don't know how to evaluate the Sunwolves. Sprinkled with some real talent but in those last two games (Reds/Canes) their defence looked like swiss cheese. As long as the Brumbies don't do something dumb this should be theirs to win.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I love the Dan is thoughtfully rotating through his squad, something Gibson could have learned from. A great chance to keep building combinations which should see them well into the season.

I really don't know how to evaluate the Sunwolves. Sprinkled with some real talent but in those last two games (Reds/Canes) their defence looked like swiss cheese. As long as the Brumbies don't do something dumb this should be theirs to win.

Dan's squad rotation and management has been one of the most impressive elements of his coaching since taking the HC role.

It's one of the reasons why so many players this year have been able to step up after so many big departures.

I would guess that the Brumbies used close to more players than any other Super Rugby team in 2019, and will be on track to do so again in 2020

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Miller in for the second, Lonergan converts.

Neville having a blinder so far, 40 run metres from 6 runs so far

S

Show-n-go

Think Brumbies are trying to stick to their structures too much, fucking let it sing, holes everywhere

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Brumbies attack looks really good, they just need to stay patient. Discipline at the ruck is an issue as so many players are going hard at the ball. Might need to back off a little as Anselmi is enforcing it pretty tightly.

The 9-10 combo is working well, and Lolesio is managing the game as well as could be expected. He's a smart footballer.

Reactions: mst
S

Show-n-go

That touchies positioning is so fucking poor, not the first time she’s been caught in a totally useless position either

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good link play by Simone for the try - pulu lucky to be awarded the try as thought shoulder out as grounded the ball but yes video replay hard to confirm 100%

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Ponies are running amok! It's been said a bunch of times but Lolesio looks like a real gem. Helps being behind a rampaging pack but his passing game is sublime

Reactions: mst

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah not going to say too much as the Sunwolves arent they greatest but doing what we should be doing against them and putting them away.