• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD6 : Brumbies v Sunwolves, Wollongong Friday 6 March 2:45pm AEDT

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Will Millers been given the chance and taken it, he was an awesome player at the tahs but behind Hooper its hard..
Given tahs current playing stocks it would be very smart for them to be looking at oz Sunwolves players to recruit given we know all won’t be playing for the Sunwolves next year!

Wrong thread but you both right about giving players opportunity and talking to the oz Sunwolves players. Last year I has a conversation with Ed Quirk about his coming back to Oz. He was in sensational form but he mentioned that it's really hard to get back to Oz. Quirk and Shatz could be good pickups for the Tahs. Dargaville is also over there - not a bad utility back.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Define destroyed. One penalty against isn't destruction.

Only partly about the scrummaging but his game around the park has been frankly woeful this year. He missed that tackle on the Highlanders player who scored the match winner - it wasn't hard. He's carrying has been ineffective and he's dropped a ton of pill. Just doesn't look like the previous Sio, and that's coming off what I thought was a poor RWC for him. Slipper is miles ahead of him. I think Robertson, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Bell (why do the Tahs have 3 good LHs and 0 THs...) or Smith could take his Wallabies 23 spot.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have doubts that after 7 years Sio's playing abilities have been lost over one summer.........

He's out of sorts, been carrying an injury............ let's wait and see how he's travelling in round 18.

I don't recall him having a poor RWC......... he definitely had a great game against Wales.

And despite his poor form, I don't think any of the Tah's LH's have been putting their hands up for selection either.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
...Sio's...been carrying an injury....

Scott's been carrying assorted injuries for the last coupla years. His father finally admitted to me he had a leg injury three years ago which was taking a long time to heal. The Brumbies posters here can update us on more recent injuries, shoulder IIRC.