• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebel v Tahs, round 15 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

If he's near AFL fans, there's possibly a secretory reason why @daz is stuck to his seat.

There is plenty of secretion coming from those 'tards. Excitable bunch.

I don't even bother cleaning my clothes after each game anymore; I just strip off and stuff them in a St Vinnies bin and drive home in my underwear.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Any spare seats around your area I can divert them to?

:p

Good luck, not diverting them to me, have one crazy Canadian but aat least he isn't a AFL feral. The rest of the section is Rugby fans. Helps only having two rows of seats, does not leave to much room for them to invade.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If you think you have problems with freaks you haven't spent enough time in the northern stand. I hear stories of this red headed ex-prop who get nice and colourful after a dew of AAMI parks finest 'beers'. Quite the show when he wants to get his point across.

D

daz

I hear stories of this red headed ex-prop who get nice and colourful after a dew of AAMI parks finest 'beers'. Quite the show when he wants to get his point across.

How could anyone get pissed on that mid-strength crap? Poisoned and bloated yes, but drunk?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
How could anyone get pissed on that mid-strength crap? Poisoned and bloated yes, but drunk?

I challenge myself every match to see if I can. The pre match pints certainly help. Some even call it cheating. I just call it winning because it involves beer.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm off to Melbourne on Friday morning, business travel of course. waratahjesus is also making the trip, business for him as well. We shall receive visitors at the Turf Bar pre-match on Friday arvo. Please wear lounge suits with medals, hats and gloves for ladies.

Won't they add weight? The ladies won't thank you for that.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Think you'd have to give Meehan the opportunity. Holmes is late to the piece.

And shite.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
of the others, Weeks ankle may not come up and Fuglistallers right shoulder goes earlier each week, did he not have surgery last off season (? other side), good that Ellison appears OK and McMahon gets to play on Friday before joining the U20's.

Meehan or Holmes to start ?

Meehan, think he has been good off the bench and may as well be given a go, after all we got nothing to lose but can cause some upsets.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I
Meehan, think he has been good off the bench and may as well be given a go, after all we got nothing to lose but can cause some upsets.
I like Meehan he is quick, can pass accurately, kicks well with either foot and seems a tough little bugga. I would start him even given his inexperience

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Would love to see Benny Meehan get the start. Been Great off the bench, and has backed it up with good 80 minute performances at Box Hill.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm off to Melbourne on Friday morning, business travel of course. waratahjesus is also making the trip, business for him as well. We shall receive visitors at the Turf Bar pre-match on Friday arvo. Please wear lounge suits with medals, hats and gloves for ladies.

Would recommend Richmond before the game, Turf bar after it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought the big change the Tahs showed against the Lions was more patience and a good level of reluctance to throw the speculative pass. There were a number of times when the ball runner got through the advantage line during the tackle and earlier in the year the player would have offloaded every time even though half or more of them would have resulted in a turnover.

Instead, the player looked to get their arms free but ultimately thought better of it and recycled the ball. Every single time, this resulted in continued phase player and some of those led to tries being scored a few phases later.

Maintaining the pressure close to the tryline resulted in two pretty simple tries. The first to Foley and the grubber to Beale.

They need to continue that this Friday against the Rebels. Potgieter and Alofa are back in the starting side.

Status
Not open for further replies.