• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have liked the three recent articles on the Rebels website about contenders for the Rising and potentially there may be more talent in the Dewar Shield. They have yet to do Halves and Centres. Only Wing/Centres.

A 21 year old 140 kg Tight Head with the speed of a backrower to go with Fereti Sa'aga (126 kg) and a 31 year old ITM Lock. I was expecting that this year's Under 20's was going to be the local content for the Rising but maybe there is more lurking locally.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Good news for the Rebels.
It seems that the ARU have blocked the departure of Lalakai Foketi to Bayonne.
So he should stay in Australia

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Didn't know that was within their capability. Wonder if they can block Issy's inevitable departure :rolleyes:

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Any articles confirming this?

Is it a block like he will be staying and playing for the Rebels in 2015.

Or are they holding him to a contract and he can't play in France until xx/yy/zzzz, like they did with Digby, Mitchell and Timani last season.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can you shed any further light on this, Sud?

He's not centrally contracted with the ARU (to our knowledge) so can't imagine his departure is blocked because Link might need him in the event of injuries to the Wallabies, as Highlander alluded to above.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes how do they block someone assuming he wasn't under contract for 2015? Could it possibly be the ARU have changed their 2nd side to the u20s meaning France no longer have interest in him?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Sud, whenever I see you post on this thread i get very nervous. Thankfully this time you bring good news for the Rebel faithful. Please keep news like that coming...

Given he was only on a Rebels 'supplementary' contract (whatever that it) I can't see the ARU would even be involved in his contract? It's also open to debate if he stays with the Rebels as i think it was only a 1-year deal. He could fit onto our EPS I guess.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
This whole situation with Foketi is a bit odd. It seemed like a curious decision to take him on the tour to Safferland and leave Sau in Melbourne. As far as I know, the Rebels have not announced that he's leaving, or that his contract has been renewed. The only mention of him going to France has been that one small note on the abrugby website. Odd.

T

TOCC

Could be something as simple as he is contracted till the end of the year, as most super rugby contracts are... Him moving to France may have been conditional on getting a early release from that contract which the ARU/Rebels have rejected because they want players a for the NRC.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
As far as I know the Rebels have never commented on him leaving the club, whereas with other players they've been quite forthright about who was leaving and what their reasons were.

Maybe he/his manager/Bayonne didn't cross the T's and dot their I's when signing him.

Hell, was it ever confirmed that he had been signed by Bayonne (other than that French internet article)? Any confirmation from Bayonne?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can you shed any further light on this, Sud?

He's not centrally contracted with the ARU (to our knowledge) so can't imagine his departure is blocked because Link might need him in the event of injuries to the Wallabies, as Highlander alluded to above.
I have problems putting any credence in a post where statements like that are made and there is no evidence or substance to support it (its standard internet procedure I know but...). Also when a poster puts something on here and then disappears and fails to make any further contribution to the conversation it further adds to the validity of the post

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes i definitely saw it on the bayonne website earlier in hte year. nothing currently there saying he isnt coming though. i suspect the Rebels/ARU are playing hard ball and not releasing him until january.

he might of course, simply changed his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.