• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Triva question: can anyone remember the last time two rebels were in the starting side of a wallabies test team? Who were they, who it was against and what year?

Tex

John Thornett (49)
We could dig back through the 2014 thread and find his father's account and contact him for an update...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Certainly seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Worrying, especially since he didn't play any NRC for the Eagles.

IF he's gone, it means we only have 5 props, but I guess Fereti would be more than capable if required. Would be nice to hear some news from somewhere though, slightly worrisome.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Certainly seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Worrying, especially since he didn't play any NRC for the Eagles.

IF he's gone, it means we only have 5 props, but I guess Fereti would be more than capable if required. Would be nice to hear some news from somewhere though, slightly worrisome.

On Fereti, the Rebels seem very very keen on his development and his family's involvement in Victorian Rugby. There was a lengthy piece on him and his family recently on the Rebels' website. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get minutes in the next couple of seasons.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I don't know much about the guy but I think the Rebels are correct in their caution with him.

They're better off building his strength and technique in the lower grades with a view to more NRC matches next season rather than throwing him to the wolves before he's ready.

Good props are like good red wine, right? Better with a bit of age.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I suspect Crashy is giving AFL a "We've pinched one of yours 'cause our game is better than yours" fark you rather than a "Stop keeping all the good athletes to yourselves because you have all the money from your bloated TV deal" fark you.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
After the abject scrummaging performance on the weekend I'm hoping Toby Smith continues his quiet achiever's trajectory and is on Cheika's radar. His "back to the drawing board" comments post-match should be encouraging to the guys on the edge of the national program.

Even as a slightly one-eyed fan he's been excellent in tight and loose. Rarely gets beaten.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Correct Mr Jarse

I became a code warrior when my place of work started being invaded by non-NSW’ers... I had never felt the need to bag other codes until a lot of the Victorians started ( and to a lesser degree some mungos) carrying on. I had never witnessed code bashing first hand and was surprised at the aggression anti-rugby types had towards rah rah.
As a result, I hate AFL as its destroying Australian sport and most mungos coz their arguments are based on moronic, illegible, sub-human statements such as ‘ Loig is tougher than rah-rah so its better’. Mungos....

Status
Not open for further replies.