• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I don't know much about the guy but I think the Rebels are correct in their caution with him.

They're better off building his strength and technique in the lower grades with a view to more NRC matches next season rather than throwing him to the wolves before he's ready.

Good props are like good red wine, right? Better with a bit of age.

Good props are better with good red wine, beer, cheese and salami. And strong beards apparently. And a good sense of humor...

Capture.JPG

Certainly seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Worrying, especially since he didn't play any NRC for the Eagles.

IF he's gone, it means we only have 5 props, but I guess Fereti would be more than capable if required. Would be nice to hear some news from somewhere though, slightly worrisome.

If Max Lahiff has made a quiet exit out of the spotlight I can only wish him the best. If he returns I hope to see him battling for a spot in the Rebels side.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Not only is Max Lahiff's profile gone from the website, so to has Male Sa'u's profile.

Didn't notice that, don't think Male Sa'u is a big lose. We have plenty of players to cover wing and center and don't even think anyone in this forum was picking him to start next season.

Still poor effort by Rebels media in regards to these two players. The fans should be kept informed if a player is leaving. Max is even off twitter so has literally fallen off the face of the earth(WEB).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
33 players in the squad. Dewar Shield allocations. That's 6 teams with 4 allocated players, and 3 teams with 3 players. Assuming no-one changes, it remains like this:

Footscray
Cruze Ah-Nau
Colby Fainga'a
Caydern Neville
Lopeti Timani

Endeavour Hills
Jack Debreczeni
Sean McMahon
Nic Stirzaker

Power House
Paul Alo-Emile
Bryce Hegarty
Tom Kingston
Tom Sexton

Melbourne Uni
Tom English
Sam Jeffries
Toby Smith

Harlequins
Scott Higgenbotham
Shota Horie

Box Hill
Pat Leafa
Ben Meehan
Sefanaia Naivalu (Assumption)

Moorabbin
Tamati Ellison
Scott Fuglistaller
Luke Jones

Southern Districts
Mitch Inman
Laurie Weeks

Unicorns
Luke Burgess
Jordy Reid
Telusa Veainu

Unnassigned
Cam Crawford
Steve Cummins
Mike Harris
Tim Metcher
Jonah Placid
Dom Shipperly

From that list, Footscray and Power House would have their full allocation. Obviously we've not replaced everybody from last season, but Quins had only had 3 players, so perhaps Placid would go straight in for Roko. Both Endeavour Hills and Moorabin lost an allocated prop, so perhaps Metcher will go to one of those two. Southern Districts and Unicorns lost an allocated Lock (Although neither Thomson nor Pyle played a game for either club) so perhaps Cummins would go there. Harris maybe is a Bronco, straight swap for Gus Roberts. Crawf to Districts for Woody, and maybe Shippers to Uni for Lachie?

Ah well. the ramblings of one talking on the internet.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Stirzaker recommit stop 2017

Had heard Burgo is going back to France after this year, hopefully Stirzaker can play as well this year in Super Rugby as he did in the NRC. I'm a fan of Meehan so hope we can hang onto him for a few years to come as well.

Brett McCurdy

Frank Row (1)
Has anyone received their 2015 membership pack yet ?
Website says early renewals will be mailed out late Nov, just wondering if anyone who renewed early like myself have received their packs.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Has anyone received their 2015 membership pack yet ?
Website says early renewals will be mailed out late Nov, just wondering if anyone who renewed early like myself have received their packs.
Nope, nor do I know if seat allocations have been accepted. You could log into the Customer portal and check if it had been updated

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'll keep sitting by the letterbox, buidling up the dreams for 2015.waiting.hoping..#nomorespoon

Snail mail old school, Salesforce.com portal for all your Rugby needs is the way of the future. It's fairly accurate and updated regularly. Since it was an ARU initiative I'm fairly all the other kids are using it..

(No I do not work for Salesforce)

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
I have heard nothing since paying for my renewal. I have tried logging on via the portal but I cant even do that.
I was speaking to a colleague who was trying to renew a few months back. It became a major procedure to do that. He compared that to his experience of buying a membership to one of the AFL clubs. Within a few hours of signing up for that they called him and welcomed him to the club. Rebels have a bit of a learning curve to go through here. Piss poor when you consider what we pay for a membership. Also considering the parlous state of financial affairs in rugby in general one would think they could be a bit more attentive to those who actually do support them.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I have heard nothing since paying for my renewal. I have tried logging on via the portal but I cant even do that.
I was speaking to a colleague who was trying to renew a few months back. It became a major procedure to do that. He compared that to his experience of buying a membership to one of the AFL clubs. Within a few hours of signing up for that they called him and welcomed him to the club. Rebels have a bit of a learning curve to go through here. Piss poor when you consider what we pay for a membership. Also considering the parlous state of financial affairs in rugby in general one would think they could be a bit more attentive to those who actually do support them.

I've just logged into the Force.com portal and looked up my details. It confirms my order (and that it has been fulfilled) and also confirms my seat details for 2015. Other than the fact that this _could_ have been communicated better (might have missed it in one of the e-mails) I think this is a fairly good outcome.

The portal cab be a little painful to register, but once you have I find it works well. You just need to work your MyRugby ID and everything is fairly easy after that. Some broken pages or pages that just don't load at all. Probably needs better testing (@FiveStarStu I'm looking at you to lend your expertise here). If you're having problems in registering for the portal then give Rebels HQ a call.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
The portal cab be a little painful to register, but once you have I find it works well. You just need to work your MyRugby ID and everything is fairly easy after that. Some broken pages or pages that just don't load at all. Probably needs better testing (@FiveStarStu I'm looking at you to lend your expertise here). If you're having problems in registering for the portal then give Rebels HQ a call.

They can't afford me :p

Yeah, the portal is a bit rough. Not sure if it's the same one for each Super team, but it seems like the Rebs and I have the same conversation every year...

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
They can't afford me :p

Yeah, the portal is a bit rough. Not sure if it's the same one for each Super team, but it seems like the Rebs and I have the same conversation every year.

I'd assume they would all be using the Salesforce.com portal as the ARU signed up to Salesforce only a few years ago. From a Salesforce perspective they would just set up user profiles for each of the Super teams and you would log in with the your teams' look and feel. It then gives the ARU a single source of truth when it comes to its customers - the Rugby public. The cloud think would make it easier to administer and grow, but for this meany users they would be paying close to a $1,000,000 each year in licensing (horrible). That number is only speculation...

Certainly a massive leap up from the old RugbyNet thing, that was jsut pure pain to use.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I heard rumors that from next year the jersey with blue stripes will be the home jersey. True or false?

Status
Not open for further replies.