• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Rebels are pretty close to producing a bloody good team. Find a good, creative, inside centre and Bob's your uncle,

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
So how do we think we're tracking boys? Couple of close wins followed by a close loss to the Tahs. Defence has been good, genuinely impressive at times, but we just aren't scoring enough points to get things done.

Higgers has come off with a fair chunk of time left in the last couple of games for Colby and we actually seem to be playing better with him off tbh. Although I'm not sure if it's entirely due to that, since Reid has been coming on for Fuglistaller at the same time and blowing things up. I reckon he's due a start, playing some blinding footy. I'd completely tear the backline up as well. This one is solid, but offers little to nothing on attack. We won't make finals, so can we at least try this at some point during the season? Give the whole try-scoring thing a go.

Stirzaker
Debreczeni
Veainu
Ellison
Naivalu
Crawford
Placid

I'm surprised Veainu hasn't gotten a chance this year was awesome in the NRC

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
See on Paarl Gim facebook group the Rebels are looking for young locks & fatties. Everything paid. (accomodations exct)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So how do we think we're tracking boys? Couple of close wins followed by a close loss to the Tahs. Defence has been good, genuinely impressive at times, but we just aren't scoring enough points to get things done.

Higgers has come off with a fair chunk of time left in the last couple of games for Colby and we actually seem to be playing better with him off tbh. Although I'm not sure if it's entirely due to that, since Reid has been coming on for Fuglistaller at the same time and blowing things up. I reckon he's due a start, playing some blinding footy. I'd completely tear the backline up as well. This one is solid, but offers little to nothing on attack. We won't make finals, so can we at least try this at some point during the season? Give the whole try-scoring thing a go.

Stirzaker
Debreczeni
Veainu
Ellison
Naivalu
Crawford
Placid

Few things:
  • Pleasantly surprised the 6 - 2 bench combo has paid off thus far. I shat kittens when i saw Harris come off on Saturday, but was happy with Bryce's effort (including the Try).
  • Jordy is taking his chances and deserves a start soon, I reckon probably around the Blues game. Might be a tough first-up match against Same Cane.
  • I first saw the Higgers/Finger trade in the Clan trial match and thought I was seeing things; never thought to pick Finger as an 8. For the last few matches he has proven his work as an impact sub in this role, the Brumbies match being the best example of this.
  • Sorry Pat, as much as I like you your lineout work is just not up to scratch. If he's not already, he needs to do some serious remediation on this.
  • I want to see Naivalu come closer to the play; 13 would be my pick at this stage.
  • Granted Shippers was coming back from injury,I thought he was below par on the weekend. Hopefully he will come good good, otherwise some Veainu or even Crawford wheels would be good to see. English has some work to do to earn a spot back in the 23.
  • Placid would be worth another start, but injury will curb that for a few weeks.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
having been very critical of TT and the teams performance last year and in the early rounds of this, i am pleasantly surprised by their "success". in reality with a bit of luck they could've beaten the Brumbies at AAMI, and should have won against the Lions.

i still believe they do have a long way to go and i am dismayed at some of the ongoing problems; lineouts especially, not just Pat Leafa throwing but the calling, e.g. raining, thrower under pressure, must win situation, so we call the most difficult option! FFS. also think some of the captains decisions are wrong, not taking the points when on offer but going to the lineout instead, quick tap instead of scrum when the opposition have had a forward binned just a couple of examples that come to mind.

in attack they are improving but Naivalu aside don't seem to have anyone able to beat a man one on one, Jack D continues to improve and Stirzaker seems to have pulled his head in.

the future does indeed look bright and given that they are re-signing most of the squad augers well that the players are buying into the club culture and the coaches.

personally i wouldn't tinker too much with the starting team. hopefully by seasons end we will have snagged at least another couple of wins, and some more bonus point losses.

Reactions: Tex

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I won't be surprised if they want him but I'd hope cheika would've had a word to him about his future.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
I doubt he will go play for fiji he's loyal to Australia and the rebels as they gave him his shot. Hopefully he improves his kicking and positioning but otherwise it might be a rebel takeover of the wallabies backline in the halves and the wing

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Easy now, it's a fare way off before any of those guys are starting wallabies, I'm sure they'll all have moved back to real rugby team before they get their start. ;)

D

daz

Easy now, it's a fare way off before any of those guys are starting wallabies, I'm sure they'll all have moved back to real rugby team before they get their start. ;)

If we go by teams in the Oz conference currently above us on the ladder being a "real rugby team", I guess that means they won't be heading to the Reds anytime soon. :p

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Don't need them, dirty new south Welshman that they are. Particularly that stirzacker bloke, an Englishman and a new south Welshman, can you think of anything worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.