• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Re. Neville, who knows what's happening behind closed doors. Smoke and fire and all that jazz. I suspect he's been upfront with the Rebels about his plans and they've been developing other blokes accordingly.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
so who should they chase, Timani major comes off contract at the end of the 15/16 NH season, be good to have the bruise brothers in Melbourne.
not sure either Jeffries or Cummins are ready to step up yet.

with regards to replacing Higgers, it would be interesting to see how Jones might go as an 8, although one would assume L Timani would be the next to go there. They could also go for Jordy Reid in the Dwayne Vermulen style of things (although according to Google he is substantially shorter)
Tom Murday would be a good pick up or I think there was something about Jordan Smiler off contract at the brumbies, if you want the back row 2nd row versatility

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
5 is equal best with 2012 I think?

Good Opportunity for 8 this season. Should beat the Force, Reds and Blues on current form. Even if we lose one of those, an upset isn't out of the question.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
5 is equal best with 2012 I think?

Good Opportunity for 8 this season. Should beat the Force, Reds and Blues on current form. Even if we lose one of those, an upset isn't out of the question.

Well 4 out of 6 of our last games are teams that are lower than us on the Ladder. So hopefully we pick up wins on all of them because at this stage of the season the ladder is a fair reflection of the teams form.

Stormers at Newlands will be tough ask.

Than the Bulls game, the Bulls will be playing their last game on a 4 week tour and hopefully are exhausted after the Chiefs and Brumbies games when they arrive in Melbourne.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So Steve Cummins has signed on for another 3 years. I find this completely strange after 2 appearances where he still has not proven his up to this level.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I thought it was to the end of 2017, which is only an additional year on his original contract. At least that's how I interpreted it. Could be wrong. But with Neville gone, Samo old and Jeffries just as unproven, why not.

D

daz

I can't imagine he is on much money, so I would have thought it was a long term development plan.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Has Todd Louden left the Rebels?

yes, for family reasons. a pity the attack was just starting to gel

In other news, Todd Louden has stepped down from his role as Assistant Coach of the Rebels due to family illness, effective immediately.
Following the Rebels win on Saturday night against the Chiefs, Louden communicated his decision to the playing group and staff.
“It is a really tough decision to make but I could not compromise my family or the Rebels, so family comes first in this instance,” he said. “I have been fortunate enough to be involved with successful teams throughout my career, and the playing group at the Rebels ranks very highly in regards to their ability, their spirit and their determination to work for one another.
“I have no doubt this team will go on to achieve success, and I wish everybody involved with the Club all the very best of luck for the rest of the 2015 season, and the years to come.”
“Todd has been extremely professional and honest during a long and difficult period and we support his decision to relocate back to his family,” said Rebels’ General Manager of Rugby Operations Baden Stephenson.
“Todd made a strong contribution to the Rebels and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.”

Status
Not open for further replies.