• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
Reid has played very well in the last 2 games but I still reckon Fainga'a is the better option at 7. Both have very high workrates, are excellent defenders & strong over the ball but Fainga'a offers more with ball in hand, especially when he gets a bit wider of the ruck as illustrated last week.

I think both are great options and are working very well together at 6/7, on form Jordy Reid is killing it. It will be interesting to see what happens when mcmahon is 100%

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Thanks Highlander, good citizen journalism.

I've been disappointed with the lack of opportunities for Telusa, particularly given the positive impact he had in the NRC.

This! Especially given the 80 million chances English has been handed.

Reactions: TSR
C

Ct0405

The Aussie conference is pretty interesting this year. If the Brumbies or Waratahs cant get their act together in these last five weeks, it would be awesome to see Rebels in the finals. Should be a good thing for Union in Melbourne.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
It was noted on Waratah HQ last night that TT pulled Little Red and JD aside at the start of 2015 and declared them his preferred 9/10 combo.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It an amazing game ... all the talk earlier this year and till recently has been what a good team the Rebels will be in 2016 & 17 , Well... there's no time like the present , so guys "don't die wondering" give it a good crack . I rate the Reds however - they are capable of anything with Wallabies keen to finally put their hand up for further consideration with the notable exception of Liam Gill who has been in high performance mode all season ....The Rebels pack may not be the biggest but they sure as hell are a mobile lot and seem to have the desire as part of their DNA ...should be a cracker ...

T

TOCC

I wonder if they will pay a license fee and if they do who will receive it, the ARU or VRU. Also whether the $8million in loans granted to the Rebels in the last two years will be part of the sale or will they be wiped clean..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I wonder if they will pay a license fee and if they do who will receive it, the ARU or VRU. Also whether the $8million in loans granted to the Rebels in the last two years will be part of the sale or will they be wiped clean..

Depends if the ARU really consider them 'loans' or investment into Victorian (and Australian) Rugby. I know I'm in the latter camp.

T

Train Without a Station

The way the Wallabies played lat year they don't bloody deserve the money they got let alone the extra they would have got.

KevinO, I think Qwerty means that the players agreed to their contractual terms on the basis that the money saved would be used to support the Rebels financially.

If the ARU wants it back, the players may feel aggrieved as they agreed to their terms on the basis that the ARU would give the money, not loan it.

D

daz

Guys, any whispers on what Todd Louden is doing? I know he left for family reasons, but I'm now hearing he is in line to go to either the Force or France.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Guys, any whispers on what Todd Louden is doing? I know he left for family reasons, but I'm now hearing he is in line to go to either the Force or France.

I heard a few more things about this:
  • Todd had to head home for personal reasons, this much we know. I kept hearing the phase 'family comes first', so reading between the lines it doesn't sound good.
  • Apparently the family issue has been going on for a while and it was impacting on his time at the Rebels. For a guy who evidently sets a high standard for himself, he would have been conflicted on what he should do. Personally I think he's made a very brave and wise decision to be back with his family to work through this. Can't fault the bloke at all.
  • He has been replaced by Craig McGrath. Vic Rugby types reading may know him as the former head coach out at Harlequins in 2014. He was already involved in the Rebels/Rising set-up and it looks like he's been promoted up the line. I'd assume he'd take over the attack coach role vacated by Todd, but can't confirm this. There is a story about this on the 'Quins website, see: http://www.quins.com.au/article/craig-mcgrath-joins-rebel
As I've said previously, I wish Todd luck in working through the family issue and hope that one day he may return to the Rebels. If he was to continue coaching next year, one would assume it would be with the 'Tahs as it allows him to remain close to home. Hopefully not lost to Australian Rugby.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
What about Tony McGahan? Rumours up here is that he will be at Ballymore next year.

Nah, you're stuck with woody for another 5 seasons after he finally got a win last night. That's our gift for you Queensland Rugby - enjoy that :)

D

daz

Well, this weekend went entirely opposite to how I was hoping it would go.

Bugger it.

Still, one or two more scalps and a full NRC program should be a good entry to a positive 2016. The bar and expectations have now been set high.

Status
Not open for further replies.