• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Back selections tough with Inman, harris, Shippers and Engo out.

Maybe Hodge, Sefa, Ellison, Tuipulotu, Crawf, Jack, Nic with reserves of Bip, Hawkins and Placid/Matsushima/Asquith

While I do think Sefa is hopefully becoming a Quality 13, with the 2 frontline wingers out, I'd prefer his pace and offload out there. Shift Ellison back to Outside Center where he belongs, and back in the young bloke.
Agree. I think Sione deserves another crack after his previous efforts. I wouldn't mind seeing Matsu on the bench either, I'm not really sold on Placid yet.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Placid looks great against NRC level competition but has shown very little at this level.

The Irish prop looked vastly under done in fitness. He wouldn't have played more than 35 minutes but was completely blown in the final 10. Looked to be a bit of a liability when he couldn't make it from ruck to ruck and was left defending the 12/13 channel.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Maybe Hodge, Sefa, Ellison, Tuipulotu, Crawf, Jack, Nic with reserves of Bip, Hawkins and Placid/Matsushima/Asquith

While I do think Sefa is hopefully becoming a Quality 13, with the 2 frontline wingers out, I'd prefer his pace and offload out there. Shift Ellison back to Outside Center where he belongs, and back in the young bloke.

That looks a fairly good backline, considering what cattle we have left. Think Sefa works better with space in front of him and his defensive skills will be more than adequate cover for Dom's.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i would promote Tuipolotu again if he is fit, move Sefa to the wing and put Matsushima on the bench. it wont happen, Placid seems to be the chosen one, although he is improving, still a long way to go imo. Matsushima blew his chance against the Bulls, made too many breaks :D

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I too would like to see Matsushima get picked on bench. He seems to have some pace and some x factor. Alas he may be the 2016 version of Telusa Veainu.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Not having a go at Sefa, but he was sorely outpaced by Cory Jane twice, once chasing and once being chased. And Jane by many accounts is not as fast as he once was. My question is, is Sefa as fast as some on here say he is? Or is he perhaps still affected by some injury problem?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not having a go at Sefa, but he was sorely outpaced by Cory Jane twice, once chasing and once being chased. And Jane by many accounts is not as fast as he once was. My question is, is Sefa as fast as some on here say he is? Or is he perhaps still affected by some injury problem?
10 or 11 months out with a badly broken leg, then in that time, he's put on what looks like at least 6kg in upper body mass. likely needs to re-adjust his running style. I don't think he's match fit/had enough of a preseason to be starting yet either. As I said (somewhere) the talk about Box Hill was that he needed match fitness, and wasn't supposed to start before the Blues game.

Probably just needs to get through to the end of Super Rugby then going in for a mini preseason before the NRC. He's not at his best yet, but on attack at least he was still hitting every gap at 100%, which is my favourite part of his game.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
He was low 80kgs when he came to the Rebels, blew out to around 105 during his injury & is currently mid to low 90kgs. Might explain why he's slowed up a bit

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yep, looked like his skin folds have blown out. I hope he avoids the O'Connor effect and gets stacked and in doing so loses his zip.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ If that doesn't work there's also the bloke who's supposedly got the shits with NRL 'cos he's ineligible for Origin (born in Fiji, didn't play Loig in Straya until after the relevant cut-off age).

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I had no idea who this bloke is, so I googled him. For the benefit of anyone else that's completely ignorant of all things NRL:

Played rugby as a school boy in Fiji.
23yo/180cm/93kg
Scored 16 tries in 23 games last year
4 tries in 6 games this year
Average 160 run metres per game :eek: (is that a lot in NRL? it sounds like a lot)
Played 5 tests for Fiji

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I had no idea who this bloke is, so I googled him. For the benefit of anyone else that's completely ignorant of all things NRL:

Played rugby as a school boy in Fiji.
23yo/180cm/93kg
Scored 16 tries in 23 games last year
4 tries in 6 games this year
Average 160 run metres per game :eek: (is that a lot in NRL? it sounds like a lot)
Played 5 tests for Fiji
I had no idea who he was i thought they were going after semi radradra.. and i dont watch NRL either but Ive seen Semi trailer and he'd be a guy too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I had no idea who he was i thought they were going after semi radradra.. and i dont watch NRL either but Ive seen Semi trailer and he'd be a guy too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Radradra was the guy I was thinking of. Discussed it today at work with the resident Loig tragic who reckons they'll fight to keep Korobiete as he's both Origin- & Kangaroos-eligible, but not so much Radradra who can switch allegiance to Straya (you're allowed to switch between World Cups regardless of who you've previously played for hence Toni Carroll who represented NZ at 2 X WC's & Straya at the one in between) but isn't eligible for Origin & 'cos they don't desperately need him won't bend or change the rules to accommodate him.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Correct me if I'm wrong, Hodge has played 10 - 15 in his debut Soup year. Maybe hasnt started each game in that position, if i recall round 1 started at 15, and played 10 and 12.

Not a bad first season in Soup

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Correct me if I'm wrong, Hodge has played 10 - 15 in his debut Soup year. Maybe hasnt started each game in that position, if i recall round 1 started at 15, and played 10 and 12.

Not a bad first season in Soup

He's made some blinding errors but when you're scoring tries like that things tend to even out!

Status
Not open for further replies.