• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Oh dear. If we get four wins I'll do a little dance out in the middle of AAMI park! So far, we're on 1.5 wins. So, technically we can still do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
I wasn't home Sunday and just watched replay I notice JGB went off for a concussion test. I wonder if there is any doubt over him for this week.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds used 42 in 2015

Season still young enough to add to it.

But I'll raise your 42 with 38 and 5 (Pama Fou, Dom shippers, Sam Jeffries, Alex Toolis and Rob Leota) players that were ruled out for the year before the season started Haha.

4 wins is just a pipe dream tho, I'd settle for 2 and a half. As a former QLD'er come on the reds to finish the conference on top.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
7c2b64891dc4e4acca3956171cace76e.jpg

Some good inclusions - wonder if any are possible late withdrawals?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Probably, there's the captains curse this year. 3 x captain has pulled out on game day and 2 x captain been knocked out in first half. The only thing shitter than our play this year has been our luck

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Stirzaker, English and Naivalu are coming back from injury. Plus Hodge was heavily concussed and JGB went off late for a concussion test. So I would say there is a very good chance of a late withdrawal and possibly more than one.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Don't worry, I'd make sure your supplied with energy drink supplements (Beer) at regular intervals. I'll slip a bottle to Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I might bring my boots as well to replace you GoMelbRebels once you get injured in the warm up. They are only a few years removed from some QLD prem games and still getting a very casual workout at Albert Park Touch and the odd 3rd div game. Keep a stretcher handy tho

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
What about Ah-Mu Tuimaleali'ifano? He'd be a chance too, right? With a last resort being Taiso Silafai-Leaana & backup 9 being Maradona Farao, probably?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I might bring my boots as well to replace you GoMelbRebels once you get injured in the warm up. They are only a few years removed from some QLD prem games and still getting a very casual workout at Albert Park Touch and the odd 3rd div game. Keep a stretcher handy tho
Actually, my hammies are feeling a bit tight already, I may not even make the warm-up.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Very happy with that second half performance by the Rebels - can't really complain about a 12-10 scoreline after half time particularly when I was expecting their typical collapse at the end.

However, I will complain about Ben Meehan's stupid box kick. I didn't realise he was on until I saw the scrum half do a box kick which lost us possession and resulted in a Crusaders try. Please from all of us, stop box kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.