• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Fucking hell. 6 to 8 weeks for Sean McMahon?
3132b81581f53ba5b3f915596764990d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm sure his manager can stick a pen in his mouth. Or, he can go all Daniel Day-Lewis and rip out the left foot.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I just saw his manager signing the new contract on his behalf.
4674dd833acf48673787bec76caa1d83.jpg

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So Clyne has announced the moratorium on player signings has been lifted. What the? Does that yell 18 teams next year or what?

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
So Clyne has announced the moratorium on player signings has been lifted. What the? Does that yell 18 teams next year or what?

he may be trying to appease RUPA - since they were party to the call for the EGM it is time he listened to what RUPA have to say

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
he may be trying to appease RUPA - since they were party to the call for the EGM it is time he listened to what RUPA have to say
True, but he said there were no limits being put on how long a contract could be, so that could be a lot of money for the ARU to honour if / when they cut a team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
True, but he said there were no limits being put on how long a contract could be, so that could be a lot of money for the ARU to honour if / when they cut a team.

Also says that players on multi year deals will be given opportunity to play for another team or given an early release.

I would guess it will not be substantial providing they sort out the mess reasonably promptly.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyway, he's denied it, so just another media rumour to add to the others.

It's actually a smart strategy for the ARU to lift the moratorium. If as the first report suggests the Force boys are signing new deals elsewhere then there will be no one left at the Force and they won't be able field a team next year. It then becomes an easy shutdown.

I would be sceptical about Colman's denial too. None of them would want to be seen as the rats leaving the sinking ship while there's still no decision.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's actually a smart strategy for the ARU to lift the moratorium. If as the first report suggests the Force boys are signing new deals elsewhere then there will be no one left at the Force and they won't be able field a team next year. It then becomes an easy shutdown.

I would be sceptical about Colman's denial too. None of them would want to be seen as the rats leaving the sinking ship while there's still no decision.

His denial was fairly weak, tbh. Nothing said about re-signing with the Force. You can read his statement to mean "...for the rest of this season".

You can read into any of this how you like, though, which is what we have had to do in absence of any real news!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Off topic question: which pubs in Richmond can be expected to screen the Lions v Crusaders game after the test finishes? I'm happy to swing by the regulars (Turf and Great Northern) but am interested in Richmond alternatives.

Ideally they aren't packed with footy crowds and/or lads on a Saturday bender.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Off topic question: which pubs in Richmond can be expected to screen the Lions v Crusaders game after the test finishes? I'm happy to swing by the regulars (Turf and Great Northern) but am interested in Richmond alternatives.

Ideally they aren't packed with footy crowds and/or lads on a Saturday bender.

The London Tavern on Lennox Street shows Rugby. They have many screens, so they share the love.

Status
Not open for further replies.