• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You are funny. Do you really think we want to keep Tony after this season?

One team is publicly announcing that they are signing players and is engaging in searching for a new coach. The other isn't.

The two options left are the Force goes or we keep 5 teams. I hope it is the later.
Why are the rebels off the table now? The aru lifted the signing ban on both clubs

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Why are the rebels off the table now? The aru lifted the signing ban on both clubs

Were the Rebels ever actually "on the table"?

The club is privately owned. If the ARU want it back they have to buy it - but it isn't for sale (to them).

The decision has already been made as to who is being chopped. The question is, can they be chopped legally?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Because the Rebels are the only ones actually signing players.

In all fairness, I think this is more indicative of Cox's management style than any ARU decision.

I don't think the Rebels are off the chopping block, according to 4th hand information from insiders that is no means water tight, but they do seem the less likely to go.

The decision is likely already made, we just don't know it yet.

D

daz

Guys,

The next post having a troll will not only be sent to the abyss, but the owner will follow it; regardless of what team they support.

Force blokes, this is a Rebels 2017 thread, not a "have a crack at the Rebels" thread.

Rebels lads, stick to the topic please.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
My deleted post wasn't a troll. Majority of the players and public was the force to stay.

You are just on top of the Australian rugby bandwagon now. This time last year if a poll was taken you'd be having 95% of the community voting to kick you out due to the same reasons that are being thrown at the Rebels this year. The only fact is that both clubs have massively under performed or provided much to the Australian rugby landscape when compared to the rest. Some of the reasons behind this are fair, some are unjust.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Guys,

The next post having a troll will not only be sent to the abyss, but the owner will follow it; regardless of what team they support.

Force blokes, this is a Rebels 2017 thread, not a "have a crack at the Rebels" thread.

Rebels lads, stick to the topic please.

Sorry Daz. I'll stop biting.

D

daz

Just posting this from the Rebels 2018 thread. Maybe we all need to take a few knee-bends and a deep breath or two:

"Fact is, our coaches and admins are already debating this (Force/Rebels playing mix) and we are naive to think otherwise; one way or another one of us is going to have to do it for real, so we may as well have some fun with it.

Things are getting a bit bitter between the Force and Rebels supporters, as if the ARU actually gives a shit what we all think. We need to stop worrying about something we have no chance of controlling. And we certainly need to stop getting feral with each other."

You know, July 31 is a long way off and anything can happen; knowing the ARU, I'd almost bet on it.

No-one is cut until the call is made, so let's concentrate on supporting our respective team to the end of the season as per normal. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Paul Alo-Emile on the bench for Samoa. There goes any hopes anyone had of him coming back to Australia to have a crack at Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.