• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^^

I know this is what you're thinking :rolleyes:

LrZFuYC.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Confirmed by the Club. So, you better get down thee and say goodbye, or else Mitch is coming after you..

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Looks like Toby Smith could be heading back to NZ, apparently for the Hurricanes.
Another ARU fucking disgrace if his not offered a contract.

And NZ keeps saying Australia has no depth so hands fucking off

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Another ARU fucking disgrace if his not offered a contract.

And NZ keeps saying Australia has no depth so hands fucking off

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Though I believe part of the reason is Toby has a child in NZ (who knew?) and is keen to be closer, so fair enough.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Notice those two are up to mischief again. Pouring more rumour on the "Rebels to be cut line".

MELBOURNE types weren’t focused on the part of Pulver’s media interview this week where he said he’d resign.

They were more nervous about this line regarding cutting a Super Rugby team: “I am in multiple discussions at the moment which I am not at liberty to discuss.”

It has poured fuel on rumours that the ARU are still in talks with Rebels owner Andrew Cox. Cox, you’ll recall, declared last month he wouldn’t sell the club.]

Hmmm...bit of a long bow there, but you know, why the fuck not.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Notice those two are up to mischief again. Pouring more rumour on the "Rebels to be cut line".

Hmmm.bit of a long bow there, but you know, why the fuck not.
Yeah, I saw that. That is just shit-stirring. Saying "multiple discussions" is just a line people use to be general. If you want, you could say they are in a lot of different discussions with the Force.

I don't recall any Melbourne-types being nervous by that line.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yeah, I saw that. That is just shit-stirring. Saying "multiple discussions" is just a line people use to be general. If you want, you could say they are in a lot of different discussions with the Force.

I don't recall any Melbourne-types being nervous by that line.

If Cox was nervous, he wouldn't have been overseas on a business trip. He would have been by Baden's side in the meeting, tearing Clyne et al a new shitter.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

Hmmm.bit of a long bow there, but you know, why the fuck not.

Well, they have to write something .... but of course, there are 3 other teams in Australia, they may be having discussions with one of them.

Also, is Cox the sole owner of the Rebels? The May statement from the Rebels commented on "neither the Melbourne Rebels nor its owners".

Maybe people expect Cox and the Rebels to issue a statement every week reminding them what they said.

D

daz

Well, those two morons are not wrong, they are just being disingenuous; the ARU ARE in multiple discussions. It's just that the discussions they are having in Melbourne are around how much Cox is going to be awarded for his damages claim.

I believe that bit of dinner theater hits the courts next week. It would be lovely if Coxy is awarded millions, but then turns around and says he will forgo 50% of the costs if the ARU allows him to hire whoever the fuck he wants to play at the club. :D

My comfort level is, well, comfortable.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I believe 'the consortium' is still in play. It's very possible if the Rebels stay around they will have a different owner.

Cox gets his exit fee (or at least, an exit fee), and the Rebels still exist.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Good luck to Toby. Family comes first, particularly above an employer and a game like rugby. It's a real shame for us as I believe he's our most important forward.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Well, those two morons are not wrong, they are just being disingenuous; the ARU ARE in multiple discussions. It's just that the discussions they are having in Melbourne are around how much Cox is going to be awarded for his damages claim.

I believe that bit of dinner theater hits the courts next week. It would be lovely if Coxy is awarded millions, but then turns around and says he will forgo 50% of the costs if the ARU allows him to hire whoever the fuck he wants to play at the club. :D

My comfort level is, well, comfortable.

I reckon he should also ask demand the same player payments for every club. All this talk about the extra money going to the Rebels and ignoring the extra $2.5 million going to the Waratahs every year.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I believe 'the consortium' is still in play. It's very possible if the Rebels stay around they will have a different owner.

Cox gets his exit fee (or at least, an exit fee), and the Rebels still exist.

Not meaning to stir, tho I have self interest in the eventual outcome. Also not anti any Team just pro WF.

Your post, ref the consortium, seems to infer that Cox does want out. Is this right? and is the consortium still there as a possible backup.

Or is The Consortium just still trying to force a deal completely independent of The VRU and Cox or possibly in concert with The VRU?

This then brings up the timing of Cox's meeting with the ARU, pre the WF meeting, and the purpose of it without being too conspiratorial.

Thinking as I write my 2c is, assuming Cox is willing to go, that The ARU know they are unlikely to win V The WF mediation.
So would rather seal a deal with Cox before he becomes the last resort.
Where they will either have to pay up big, or if he refuses and sells to the consortium accept they have failed and either give up or take aim elsewhere? Brumbies?

In this scenario it then becomes a battle between The Consortium and The ARU with no common ground.
Sorry about the ramble, came from one question.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not meaning to stir, tho I have self interest in the eventual outcome. Also not anti any Team just pro WF.

Your post, ref the consortium, seems to infer that Cox does want out. Is this right? and is the consortium still there as a possible backup.

Or is The Consortium just still trying to force a deal completely independent of The VRU and Cox or possibly in concert with The VRU?

This then brings up the timing of Cox's meeting with the ARU, pre the WF meeting, and the purpose of it without being too conspiratorial.

Thinking as I write my 2c is, assuming Cox is willing to go, that The ARU know they are unlikely to win V The WF mediation.
So would rather seal a deal with Cox before he becomes the last resort.
Where they will either have to pay up big, or if he refuses and sells to the consortium accept they have failed and either give up or take aim elsewhere? Brumbies?

In this scenario it then becomes a battle between The Consortium and The ARU with no common ground.
Sorry about the ramble, came from one question.

I did not infer Cox wants out, I just spoke of a potential outcome rarely talked about.

Not meaning to be rude, but you're making assumptions built off other assumptions. Don't read too much into things.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I did not infer Cox wants out, I just spoke of a potential outcome rarely talked about.

Not meaning to be rude, but you're making assumptions built off other assumptions. Don't read too much into things.

Yes I know, and potentially reading too much into it as you say.
It was this comment of yours "Cox gets his exit fee" and the ref to The consortium still being in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.