• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm shocked. It has been nearly two days since word about Luke Jones MAYBE coming back to the Rebels and not a single squeak on here. This is the interwebs people, it is the home of rampant and unqualified speculation. Now hop to it.
I did mean to write something, but I’d heard the Luke Jones Returning rumour before, so didn’t want to get my hopes up again.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I think our best bets are Sunwolves (but after their smashing of the Reds it’s no certainty) and the Reds (assuming us being good, them being bad). Would love a win against the Blues and even away it is possible but maybe not this time. The Tahs are probably (as much as I hate to say it) the most consistent Aussie team this year so that will be a tough game and the Highlanders, well, let’s just hope it’s not a blood bath.
If the Tahs should lose this week against the Highlanders they will be just one point ahead of us. You would have to think they will pick up wins against the Reds, Sunwolves and Brumbies for at least 12 points.

The game against the Tahs could be for top spot in the conference.

A slim chance but still a chance to finish top and get a home final.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I did mean to write something, but I’d heard the Luke Jones Returning rumour before, so didn’t want to get my hopes up again.
Luke Jones was coming back this season until the Force cut. I'd expect he will replace Parling in the squad. Hopefully plays more at 6 than lock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yep, this is my problem too. Where do you play him?

He’d be a natural swap for Parling, but he could also be a useful 6/8 player too. We’ve got depth in 4/5/6/8, so plenty for Dave to consider.

Having said, would love a bit of Merlin magic back at AAMI Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
It would certainnky improve our restarts. He had awesome skills taking a high ball overhead.

Not sure where he will fit in our cap. the ARU is not going to cover the players cut as a result if the force farce forever.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jones and RHP would be my 4/6 options on/off the bench, with Cottrell starting at 6. With Mafi gone may see Timani at 8 again or Leota if he ever recovers from the knee injuries. Fainga'a at 7 (always and every week) with Hardwick as the bench/starting option. But hard to leave Philip out of the 23 also. Nice dilemma for Wessels if it happens that Jones does come back.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tayler Adams going back to Southland for Mitre 10 Cup.

Not sure what that means for next year though.

It means that NZ have better talent spotters than Australia. I believe he should have already had some time in the 23 this year, if the Rebels season implodes over the next few weeks then hopefully he will be given crack in the last three games. I like JD but his form has wilted somewhat when the going got tough.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tayler Adams going back to Southland for Mitre 10 Cup.

Not sure what that means for next year though.

Might be just for the domestic seasons, esp with Jack Deb and McGregor available for NRC, there would be a strong chance he would go an entire season without playing any pro or semi pro rugby. But then again might be a sign he is going

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Might be just for the domestic seasons, esp with Jack Deb and McGregor available for NRC, there would be a strong chance he would go an entire season without playing any pro or semi pro rugby. But then again might be a sign he is going

it's a pity he couldn't be released to play for the Eagles or Rams or whichever Sydney teams are around.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd suspect Mason and Hegarty would be lined up for the NSW spots, esp with 1 less team this year (well rumored to be)

Quade and Stewart will/should be the QLD one's

Hawera or JGH for the Vikings

JD or McGregor for Rising

Force - Deegan

Could stack up to be the best quality NRC yet.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'd suspect Mason and Hegarty would be lined up for the NSW spots, esp with 1 less team this year (well rumored to be)

I think crumbs is heading over to top league, so they'd want him for pre-season. Doubt you will see him in NRC.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I think crumbs is heading over to top league, so they'd want him for pre-season. Doubt you will see him in NRC.
No top league next year.

All Aussies will be looking for game time elsewhere, McMahon already linked to the Reds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is Adams a NZer? If so,any move back to NZ is likely to have the same effect of extending his Aus eligibility period as Speight experienced a few years ago.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Is Adams a NZer? If so,any move back to NZ is likely to have the same effect of extending his Aus eligibility period as Speight experienced a few years ago.

He's Auckland born and bred, NZ Under 20 rep. Missed out on a contract a few years ago so moved to Sydney - reading the NZ articles it sounds like he's back in NZ for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.