• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
what happened to Jordan Uelese?

I love Jordan and think he shouldn't even be near the team until he learns to throw straight.

Mafi needs to be signed up asap if he is off contract, apart for possibly kerevi the best player in the aus conference this year, which is saying something with how shit the rebels have been.

D

daz

Daz have I missed something? What has happened to encourage you to start this thread?

Pure, unadulterated optimism.

Besides, it ain't over 'til its over, the candle is still burning (at both ends), the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet, there are several birds in the hand untouched by igneous rock in the bush, and any other misquoted analogy you want to mention.

The Rebels will be here in 2018. Lock it in, sports-fans.

D

daz

Cut, pasted and modified from the 2017 Thread.

Contracted for 2018 and Beyond

Props
Laurie Weeks (2019)
Tyrel Lomax (2018) (New - Brumbies/Australia U20s)

Hookers

Locks
Sam Jeffries (2018)
Lopeti Timani (2019) (Re-signed 11/01/17)
Alex Toolis (2018) (New- Edinburgh)

Backrowers
Colby Fainga’a (2018)
Rob Leota (2019)

Scrum Halves

Fly Halves
Jack McGregor (2018) (New- NSW Schoolboys 2015)
Jackson Garden-Bachop (2018) (New - Wellington Lions)

Centers
Sione Tuipulotu (2019)

Back Three
Tom English (2018)
Marika Koroibete (2018) (New- Melbourne Storm)
Sefanaia Naivalu (2019)
Jack Maddocks (2018 - New- NSW Gen Blue/Eastern Suburbs)

Utility Backs
Reece Hodge (2020)

Christ almighty. Our cupboard seems very bare. Given we can't sign until the shit-fight abates, and just about every decent player will have been locked up elsewhere by then, we may need to raid the SS and Dewar teams and begin development from scratch.

Maybe Coxy can negotiate access to the Mitre 10 teams. That would be very handy.

Or do we have to go back to the 2011 model and sacrifice short term stability, and bring in as many marquee/big name players as possible to get some interest back into the team?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well, there still may be some (30 -35) super players surplus to requirements, if and it's enormous if, a team still gets culled.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Payto and Panda stirring the Pot...

FORCE DEFECTORS?
THEY were out of the spotlight for a time while Rebels owner Andrew Cox decided whether or not he’d sell up, but the Force’s future is again looking shaky after Cox said “no deal” to the ARU.

So much so we hear up to six Force players have secretly made “just in case” arrangements to join the Rebels, if and when the Perth club shuts down. Some are big names.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/3627eaa232a855ce375a6f3898308990

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
This shits me. Just more of the media trying to fill the ARU created void. Complete lack of leadership shown by them again. They could have hosed a lot of this down this week if they had chosen to, but they are too busy protecting their own arses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
This shits me. Just more of the media trying to fill the ARU created void. Complete lack of leadership shown by them again. They could have hosed a lot of this down this week if they had chosen to, but they are too busy protecting their own arses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree, as exciting as it would be to get some good players, we owe it to the Force fans not to speculate on who or if any will come over. Its poor taste from the muppets there in media land

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I really do hope that with the contracting ban lifted we get some info about players re-signing and soon.

Could do with a bit of good news for a change.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
100%

Get Toby, McMahon and Mafi signed up ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agreed 1000%

Keep Toby, McMahon, Mafi, Hodge, Sefa, Lomax and Timani. Add 1/2 players of the same quality and suddenly we have a good basis for a team.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Daily Telegraph reporting that Adam Coleman is expected to sign with the Rebels. (Sorry Force fans, this really is not fair)

"Coleman is expected to be one of several Force players to sign with Melbourne Rebels, the other side named by the ARU as being in the firing line as Super Rugby redacts from 18 to 15 teams next year."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/c29f9b310beb94b5b69759ff32496bf5

I'd rather not comment on the Coleman thing as a whole, but whats the word with Parling? Also will Jeffries be fit for NRC. Even Jeffries and Parling as a combo next season would be a huge improvement. Parling in particular was one of the best on field in the Aviva final.

Just need Luke Jones to come back and we'd be set

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Daily Telegraph reporting that Adam Coleman is expected to sign with the Rebels. (Sorry Force fans, this really is not fair)

"Coleman is expected to be one of several Force players to sign with Melbourne Rebels, the other side named by the ARU as being in the firing line as Super Rugby redacts from 18 to 15 teams next year."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/c29f9b310beb94b5b69759ff32496bf5
Look, we hold no enmity to the Rebels. At the end of the day, if the ARU fucks the Force out of the competition, I'd far rather our players (and coaches) went to the Rebels than any other franchise. The Rebels deserve the chance of making a good fist of the competition and if Adam Coleman, Jono Lance and DHP (among possibly others) joined you then all the better chances of that happening. Coleman has previously said that his preference was to stay in WA and, taken at his word, that either means he knows the Force are boned or the ARU is undermining us. Neither would surprise me. Neither are the Rebels fault. You'd like to think, out of compassion, teams wouldn't talk to Force players until a resolution is made, but that isn't a reality from any side of the fence. To me it has got to the point that Australian rugby is entering into a a terminal decline which can only be arrested by some pretty major changes that just don't look like happening. When the Force eventually are removed, don't ask for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee.

D

daz

Playing devils advocate, given that no outcome is certain at this point, I wonder if any Rebels players have signed with the Force?

I personally think the Rebels are safe as houses (pre-bubble), but if a Force player can shore up a bit of an each way bet by signing with the Rebels and hope to stay at the Force, it is certainly likely some Rebels players have done the same.

And this leads to my point: Apart from the eventual cut team players and staff, the biggest losers out of this whole shitfight? The fucking useless rugby "journo's". Finally found out to be fairy-tale artists of the highest caliber.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who will be leaving the Rebels next year, even if they are staying.

I know of Day, Schatz, (maybe Mcmahon), Meehan, Inman?

I wonder if they will keep around their Japanese winger and Shipperly?

Is Mafi one 1 year or 2?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Japanese winger is another injured player, I doubt they will keep him.

Who knows with the rest.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Who will be leaving the Rebels next year, even if they are staying.

I know of Day, Schatz, (maybe Mcmahon), Meehan, Inman?

I wonder if they will keep around their Japanese winger and Shipperly?

Is Mafi one 1 year or 2?
twenty plyers at least are off contract!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
yeh wow that's heaps, any other pplayers that have definitely been moved on apart form those i mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.