• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
A quick probably overly looking into the situation moment for me, i presume Simmons was on an ARU top up, maybe even Houston might of been on a very small one. But..... is this an opportunity for the ARU to offer some more cash to Seany?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A quick probably overly looking into the situation moment for me, i presume Simmons was on an ARU top up, maybe even Houston might of been on a very small one. But... is this an opportunity for the ARU to offer some more cash to Seany?

Apparently Carter received a top up this year, and is a similar type player to Simmons.........

Also, Arnold and Coleman are both only in their second year as Wobs and will be eligible for top ups soon if they aren't already receiving a little extra.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
I don't care who we get as long as our line out isn't shit.

New strategy. Give the ball to Hodge. Kick it deep into their half. Compete on the line out with a decent set of locks. Repeat. Just a pity we might loose Zebra as that would be 2 decent kickers.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
I think he has been appalingly managed. Guaranteed to be the 10 in 2015 pre-season when he had only a handful of caps to his name, leaving Hegarty in no-mans land.

Hyped after a good 2014 NRC, 2015 Super Rugby, 2015 NRC as the heir apparent in the Wallabies alongside Stirzy.

Poor 2016, dropped out of planned starting XV this year and only played because of early injuries. Tony went into this year planning to have JGB as his 10.

I think he has something special with his kicking and ability to take the ball into contact, and I hope he isn't lost to Australian Rugby.

Always massively over hyped. Never really delivered at SuperRugby level.

Thought Hegarty was very poorly treated. Played pretty well for the Rebels in 2014 as a 22 year old and then dumped. Definitely prefer him to our current options at 10.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
A quick probably overly looking into the situation moment for me, i presume Simmons was on an ARU top up, maybe even Houston might of been on a very small one. But... is this an opportunity for the ARU to offer some more cash to Seany?
Story said Simmons has an ARU deal for 2018, just not a Super Rugby deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Always massively over hyped. Never really delivered at SuperRugby level.

Thought Hegarty was very poorly treated. Played pretty well for the Rebels in 2014 as a 22 year old and then dumped. Definitely prefer him to our current options at 10.
He was too small for TT. I still get upset when I hear about what Telusa Veianu is doing in the Prem.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Best of luck to JD in Japan. He'll dominate in the Challenge League, it's a big step down from Super Rugby.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Story said Simmons has an ARU deal for 2018, just not a Super Rugby deal.

Did not realise his only 28, would not mind signing him. Could still get 4 years out of him, and cheaply for the fist year as his still getting a top up.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
He was too small for TT. I still get upset when I hear about what Telusa Veianu is doing in the Prem.

Ah, only player of the year for Leicester. Sigh. At least we gave him 2 starts in his 2 years.

And Jason Woodward now with England in their training camp.

For a team of only 7 years, we would have a bloody good Alumni team

1. Alo-Emile
2. Ged Robinson
3. Nic Henderson
4.Hugh Pyle
5. Caderyn Neville
6.Luke Jones
7. Fuglistaller
8. Higgers
9. Nick Phipps
10. Danny Cipriani
11. Cooper Vuna
12. James O'Connor
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Telusa Veainu
15. Jason Woodward

Bench
-------------
Max Lahiff
Rodney Blake
Shota Horie
Alister Campbell
Adam Thompson
Mike Harris
Kurtley Beale
Mark Gerrard

D

daz

Ah, only player of the year for Leicester. Sigh. At least we gave him 2 starts in his 2 years.

1. Alo-Emile
2. Ged Robinson
3. Nic Henderson
4.Hugh Pyle
5. Caderyn Neville
6.Luke Jones
7. Fuglistaller
8. Higgers
9. Nick Phipps
10. Danny Cipriani
11. Cooper Vuna
12. James O'Connor
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Telusa Veainu
15. Jason Woodward

Bench
-------------
Max Lahiff
Rodney Blake
Shota Horie
Alister Campbell
Adam Thompson
Mike Harris
Kurtley Beale
Mark Gerrard

You left out the great man, and the best captain in our history, Gareth Delve.

Almost unforgivable.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
You left out the great man, and the best captain in our history, Gareth Delve.

Almost unforgivable.

Ah true. I did think of him but I preferred Higgers for No 8 and then completely forgot about him :oops:. To be fair, Ospreys seemed to forget that they signed him.

Probably push Higgers to 6, Jones to 5 and Neville to the bench. The forward bench is a little weak to be honest. Unfortunately the alumni forward pack might be getting a boost at the end of this year.

N

NTT

1. Alo-Emile
2. Ged Robinson
3. Nic Henderson
4.Hugh Pyle
5. Caderyn Neville
6.Luke Jones
7. Fuglistaller
8. Higgers
9. Nick Phipps
10. Danny Cipriani
11. Cooper Vuna
12. James O'Connor
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Telusa Veainu
15. Jason Woodward

Bench
-------------
Max Lahiff
Rodney Blake
Shota Horie
Alister Campbell
Adam Thompson
Mike Harris
Kurtley Beale
Mark Gerrard

Good alumni team? Bwahahahahahahaha

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
What's the Force one then?

Thought this guy would have to feature in the first XV?

Tim Johnson.jpg

L

Leo86

If rebels alumni was to verse force alumni who gets o'connor?

Or is he still trying to build his brand elsewhere :p

Status
Not open for further replies.