• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
He looks like a good tight head in another life.
I see that

f1eba5ef0ca7b4149228a60c1fd6a5db.jpg

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
He looks happier in this photo:

View attachment 10370

He's probably not happy in the Rebels photo because he's dreading us all looking at his godawful website. Mr Wobbly, please offer to fix it for them! I'd hate to see the result of a W3C audit!
Gareth has applied to wind up his Expert Finance Group Pty Ltd, at least that was a registered company, but he hasn't got around to registering Money Lab , which does make me wonder what is going on?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Fairly sure Sione Tuipolotu has signed with a french club.

EDIT: can't actually find confirmation of this, but I vaguely remember seeing something about him going to a div 2 French side floating around on my social media.

He appears to be playing in Japan now, according to his IG

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Frank Lomani played pretty well for the BokBarians, set up the try of the game as well, is a shame the Rebels haven't signed him up for 2019...

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gareth has applied to wind up his Expert Finance Group Pty Ltd, at least that was a registered company, but he hasn't got around to registering Money Lab , which does make me wonder what is going on?

Ha looks like the long set trend of dodgy/bordering on insolvent companies sponsoring sports teams continues!!!
EDIT: The company has about 8 people working there by the website... ironically providing financial advice. Ironic that a company that small in financial advice is spending it on sponsorship money....

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Frank Lomani played pretty well for the BokBarians, set up the try of the game as well, is a shame the Rebels haven't signed him up for 2019.

His playing club rugby in Melbourne, i'd hope his invited to train with the team regularly.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Rebels have decent backrow stock in Cottrell, Hardwick, RHP, Nasarani, Leota, Jones. Not sure we need more in that position yet. Perhaps more cover at 10 would be handy, at least for 2019.

Anyway, Frank might be on an EPS/ WTS contract or something.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I thought I heard Flanker before. oh well, my bad.

From a SH perspective, you've got Sanches, Ruru, Goddard. Until one of the leaves, I think you're right for spots.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he's a Fijian international. Cheika won't approve him spending time with the Rebels.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There was a deal at some point which allowed each Super team to sign a single Fijian from their NRC team i'm pretty sure.
I think the Tahs brought in a prop last season, but he wasn't too great.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Cheika vetoed the Veitokani to the Reds deal, because we are in the same RWC pool as Fiji, I'd be surprised of Frank gets a gig at the Rebels

Lomani trained with them last season. Also a third string halfback is different to starting fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.