• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
For next season some tough calls need to be made.

Tuipulotu needs to be given a chance in the centres, his potential is massive but will never reach it if he sits on the bench.

I personally also think Naivalu might have to look elsewhere. a) for his Wallabies chances, b) the other franchises could use him c) give Tupou more game time, he like Tuipulotu has the potential to be a very good wallaby. I'd hate to lose him cause he feels there is too many in his way.

Front row needs to be looked at, Weeks is an absolute champion but if he offer nothing and lets be honest he's about 4th choice now. Daley is in the same camp. Would love to somehow lure Toby Smith back for 1 more season and a push to the world cup.

Ruru has also been a sloid performer but believe Goddard holds the future. Once again would rather see Goddard on the bench next year to get game time.

Be interesting to see what might happen with Parling, hes not contracted to come back and has one more season in Japan to run, but he is looking to settle down with the family in Melb on a perm basis. I also believe he's interested in some coaching beyond rugby. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up being a cheap player/Coach option at the club next year.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
For next season some tough calls need to be made.

Tuipulotu needs to be given a chance in the centres, his potential is massive but will never reach it if he sits on the bench.

I personally also think Naivalu might have to look elsewhere. a) for his Wallabies chances, b) the other franchises could use him c) give Tupou more game time, he like Tuipulotu has the potential to be a very good wallaby. I'd hate to lose him cause he feels there is too many in his way.

Front row needs to be looked at, Weeks is an absolute champion but if he offer nothing and lets be honest he's about 4th choice now. Daley is in the same camp. Would love to somehow lure Toby Smith back for 1 more season and a push to the world cup.

Ruru has also been a sloid performer but believe Goddard holds the future. Once again would rather see Goddard on the bench next year to get game time.

Be interesting to see what might happen with Parling, hes not contracted to come back and has one more season in Japan to run, but he is looking to settle down with the family in Melb on a perm basis. I also believe he's interested in some coaching beyond rugby. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up being a cheap player/Coach option at the club next year.

He'd be wise to get involved with the Rising this year, given Craig is over at Honda Heat.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Good goalkicking and defence by To'omua in those highlights, didn't see a lot else. Strong forwards, maybe he could come to the Reds, we need a 10 and since his parents are missionaries Thorn might approve. To'omua was a very good player when in Oz but I do recall him more as a great defender and strong runner, less of a playmaker but maybe that's just my memory. He might find it different at the Rebels without dominant forwards as the game against the Reds showed. Rebels definitely need a 10 though.
Pass it to Tuilagi and watch him run over some soft pasty Englishmen.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gee Rob reporting To'omua has signed for 2 and a half years, won’t arrive until after Leicester have finished the coming season

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Gee Rob reporting To'omua has signed for 2 and a half years, won’t arrive until after Leicester have finished the coming season
Honoring his contact and back in time for RWC, win win for him if true.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...not-back-to-the-brumbies-20180712-p4zr3v.html

Nope To'omua coming to Rebels but won't be till back part of 2019 season.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...not-back-to-the-brumbies-20180712-p4zr3v.html

Nope To'omua coming to Rebels but won't be till back part of 2019 season.
Who's paying to buy Leicester out of his 19/20 contract?

Anyway, looks like he'll be available for 3 or 4 games in 2019 if the Tigers don't make any finals.

Premiership GF is 1 June, so if they do well Rebs might get a game or two out of him for 2019

Edit - does he take up a super rugby squad spot and salary cap in 2019?
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think he might be eligible R3, but wouldn't Leicester have a say in whether he can play or not, as he's still under contract to them.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think he might be eligible R3, but wouldn't Leicester have a say in whether he can play or not, as he's still under contract to them.

Correct me if im wrong, but believe it falls in WR (World Rugby) release zone. I don't think 1 of the Bled falls in that tho. Could be completely wrong tho.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Correct me if im wrong, but believe it falls in WR (World Rugby) release zone. I don't think 1 of the Bled falls in that tho. Could be completely wrong tho.
International release window won't cover the Japan Bledisloe
It shall commence on or around the third weekend in August and shall conclude on or around the first weekend in October each year

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He's playing for you guys in the Championship along with Taf.
What are the Tiger's fans thoughts T-Man. Can't be too happy to have paid someone for 3/4 years based on their ineligibility for international duty, only to have him miss one year totally, miss big chunks for international duty moving forward, and then skipping out early

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are the Tiger's fans thoughts T-Man. Can't be too happy to have paid someone for 3/4 years based on their ineligibility for international duty, only to have him miss one year totally, miss big chunks for international duty moving forward, and then skipping out early

Tigers fans are alright with it, he's very popular.
Coaches on the other hand will be annoyed considering they were expecting him not to be selected.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I had complete forgot who his wife was and that makes Melbourne the better option as she can play Cricket here as well. With that ACT never really stood a chance to retain his services.

I'd say it also played a big factor in asking Leicester for early release from his contract.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Look while I am happy to get Naisarani across for next season I would have preferred us to try and brink home Valetini or Samu. Seeings we don’t have to many Melbourne born players it always annoys me when we lose our juniors elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.