• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
If I am not mistaken after today's result we currently have the second best points difference in the competition. Crusaders PD 179 (before tonight) Rebels 50 Hurricanes 49

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
A win against the Tahs could be enough for a finals spot but another 2 wins would guarantee it.

Hopefully Tahs rest this week and we roll out our best team. Save the rest for the Crusaders game

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So after the overnight results we are 5th but only 3 points clear of 9th. One thing going in our favour is the four teams below us are all South African and there are a few South African derbies in the last three weeks. So they will be taking points off each other.

Come on Rebels it is time to put this Waratahs hoodoo to bed.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Cannot afford to lose to the Stinkin' Waratahahas again.

Jones and Isi should both be back this week which will help a lot.

I would like to see English back at 13 with Hodge at 12. I don't think Hodge has really clicked at 13 and outside centre is one spot where we don't have many options.

I doubt Gibson will rest any Tahs while they still have a rough chance of making the finals even though this would be the most logical week to give a few blokes the week off.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If the Rebels can't beat the Tahs without Folau or a recognized 12 then they have no business being in the finals.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Plus Waratahs have a mental edge over the Rebels. It doesn't matter how many times and how far ahead the Rebels have been of Waratahs at half time the Rebels never seem to be able to put the Waratahs away.

Status
Not open for further replies.