• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not particularly surprising, even with Coleman gone. Looked to be turning the corner in the first part of NRC 2017?, but then got injured and never performed well enough in cameos to get a real run at it.

Hopefully results in opportunity for Hosea and Hanga'ana to come through.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Not particularly surprising, even with Coleman gone. Looked to be turning the corner in the first part of NRC 2017?, but then got injured and never performed well enough in cameos to get a real run at it.

Hopefully results in opportunity for Hosea and Hanga'ana to come through.

Plus we still have Philip, RHP and Jones as first 3 options

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Hosea will come straight into the 23. He’s one of the most physically developed players in the current u20s. His strength in contact while in defense would be something that the team desperately needs.

Next season I’d like to see

1. Sa’aga
2. Uelese
3. Ainsley
4. Philip
5. RHP
6. Jones
7. Wilkin
8. Naisarani
9. ‘New recruit’
10. To'omua
11. Magnay
12. Meakes (if he’s staying) otherwise ‘new recruit’
13. Hodge
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

16. Rangi
17. Faulkner (if he’s staying)/Gibbon
18. Fa’amasuili
19. Hosea
20. Hardwick
21. Goddard
22. Tupou
23. Tui

If Maddocks goes then Tupou to his wing and look at a winger with some experience but not too old.

The pack needs a bully and the front row needs to offer a lot my dynamic work in contact.

Can we offer Tawera Kerr-Barlow a chance of qualifying for Australia through the Olympic loophole lol, he was born in Melb

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Get Hodge out of the 13 shirt, play him any where else in the back line. Hodge 12/13 Tupou would work for me.

If NSW needs a full back and we have to choose, they can have DHP and we keep Maddocks.

Plus I would expect KB (Kurtley Beale) to be starting FB next season if his still at the Tahs.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
I think Hosea will come straight into the 23. He’s one of the most physically developed players in the current u20s. His strength in contact while in defense would be something that the team desperately needs.

Next season I’d like to see

1. Sa’aga
2. Uelese
3. Ainsley
4. Philip
5. RHP
6. Jones
7. Wilkin
8. Naisarani
9. ‘New recruit’
10. To'omua
11. Magnay
12. Meakes (if he’s staying) otherwise ‘new recruit’
13. Hodge
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

16. Rangi
17. Faulkner (if he’s staying)/Gibbon
18. Fa’amasuili
19. Hosea
20. Hardwick
21. Goddard
22. Tupou
23. Tui

If Maddocks goes then Tupou to his wing and look at a winger with some experience but not too old.

The pack needs a bully and the front row needs to offer a lot my dynamic work in contact.

Can we offer Tawera Kerr-Barlow a chance of qualifying for Australia through the Olympic loophole lol, he was born in Melb
Highly unlikely to see this team. I think it’s a make or break season for the Rebels and results and finals will be priority at all costs. 3 reserve backs und 23. Tui? Godard will go I think. I’d be chasing some hardened club players from up north and making the outer guys play club rugby. Not just training all the time.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
DHP was very one dimensional this season, would much rather have Maddocks there.

Get Hodge out of the 13 shirt, play him any where else in the back line. Hodge 12/13 Tupou would work for me.

If NSW needs a full back and we have to choose, they can have DHP and we keep Maddocks.

Plus I would expect KB (Kurtley Beale) to be starting FB next season if his still at the Tahs.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Highly unlikely to see this team. I think it’s a make or break season for the Rebels and results and finals will be priority at all costs. 3 reserve backs und 23. Tui? Godard will go I think. I’d be chasing some hardened club players from up north and making the outer guys play club rugby. Not just training all the time.

RA has invested so much in the Rebels, I think we'll be OK. But it's way past time we deliver!!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
In a sign that Goddard might be staying, I saw him and Wilkin at K-Mart Richmond the other day buying home wares and sheets. lol.

Hardly the behavior of two guys, if they were moving on haha

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
In a sign that Goddard might be staying, I saw him and Wilkin at K-Mart Richmond the other day buying home wares and sheets. lol.

Hardly the behaviour of two guys full stop aha. They must be settling in for a decade.

Good that Wilkin is staying, he seems to be a talent and has had some bad luck injury wise.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Probably didn't know how to do the dishes or do any washing so just bought new stuff. Surprised they haven't been using the ol cling wrap over the plate trick.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Have heard it from a good source
Wessels lost the dressing room..
More to come

At least go to the trouble of using an avatar before finishing a post with 'more to come' after tossing a little incendiary gossip grenade