• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting about Maddocks to 7's, at this stage it seems its only for the qualification period which takes place in November. Next year the Olympics isn't until July, which is 4 weeks after the Super Rugby Grand Final, or 7 weeks after the Rebels last regular season game. Maybe they'll try and get him to participate in one or two lead up 7's tournaments, and then get him in straight after the Super Rugby season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That'd be a pretty big loss for the Rebels. Hopefully it means that Koroibete is staying put. Good get for the 7s though.

he'll only miss some pre-season training.

Melbourne Rebels flier, Jack Maddocks has joined his brother, Will Maddocks with the Qantas Australian Men’s Sevens Squad on loan ahead of the Olympic qualifier, the Oceania Sevens in Fiji this November.

Jack Maddocks makes the short term move to continue his physical preparation as an athlete and to also assist Australia’s campaign to gain Olympic Qualification at the Oceania Sevens following on from Maddocks training in Wallabies camp ahead of the Rugby World Cup.

Jack Maddocks will return to the Melbourne Rebels after the Oceania Qualifier and remains on standby for the Wallabies Rugby World Cup campaign.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maddocks is someone who could do with some proper conditioning in a sevens team. I admit I've really only seen him on the end of the backline as a finisher but he's never impressed me as an athlete. He's a canny reader of the play, for sure, but certainly last season he struck me as unfit.

B

Bobby Sands

Maddocks is someone who could do with some proper conditioning in a sevens team. I admit I've really only seen him on the end of the backline as a finisher but he's never impressed me as an athlete. He's a canny reader of the play, for sure, but certainly last season he struck me as unfit.

I think his biggest issue has been cramming in physical development (putting on weight) while at the same time getting up to speed with week in week out super rugby development.

I seem to remember reading something about him, where he highlighted the fact of how far back he was coming from by not taking rugby seriously until he was 18/19.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
nbytac_4QwqLPncfGMKi3U8fNh9Yzn6F_5qudRO5mlww_cppzhV_voGtuDdC4i7rv8hYuXt9PHFGx0Armn-uvEKmYhyip7HiTTVaie6sILZUccRZj5aLLrSUhrnyFEj23ftwUIvQpWEVQ1pnrQBgETrmD2uSM447dVdsaxI=s0-d-e1-ft

Ok so the shit font seems to be a Melbourne Rebels standard.. shitty 90 graffiti

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
I think his biggest issue has been cramming in physical development (putting on weight) while at the same time getting up to speed with week in week out super rugby development.

I seem to remember reading something about him, where he highlighted the fact of how far back he was coming from by not taking rugby seriously until he was 18/19.

At 196cm and 96kg how bigger does he need to be?

B

Bobby Sands

At 196cm and 96kg how bigger does he need to be?

I think it’s more about how quickly he has put that weight on & if his body has adjusted properly etc.

It’s not natural to put on so much weight so quickly. He was a cricketer three years ago.

I’ll post article if I can find it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Listening to Brett McKay today on the latest GAGR podcast, he indicated that some of the Rebels guys may have been contracted to the club with clauses saying they don’t have to play NRC. Interesting if so, not sure if I like it. I am fully behind players going and playing NPC, CC or in Japan short term to earn a few extra dollars and they are also developing as players but would like to see everyone made available for NRC if not.

We might end up with the scenario where some of our professional players are only playing 10-12 games a year. That’s not enough for development or team cohesion

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Gary Ablett Snr never trained and he managed alright!

But yeah, I think Jack could be leaner and meaner

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hey umm Baden, if you're interested, another one of your sponsors has got one of his companies in liquidation - better make sure you get the sponsorship money at the start of the season : Joel Lockwood, from Moneylab, is also the director of Expert Finance Group, an investigation of which shows possible insolvent trading, uncommercial transactions and unreasonable director-related transactions.:(

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Hey umm Baden, if you're interested, another one of your sponsors has got one of his companies in liquidation - better make sure you get the sponsorship money at the start of the season : Joel Lockwood, from Moneylab, is also the director of Expert Finance Group, an investigation of which shows possible insolvent trading, uncommercial transactions and unreasonable director-related transactions.:(

You got some links to info on this?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Just saw Jack Maddocks is joining the 7's team for short term period looking to qualify for the Olympics.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels announcing that a "superstar" has re-signed with the club, announcement coming this afternoon. Please be Koroibete.