• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I assume those foreign development players (unless otherwise eligible, which I can't seem to see) have to spend 5 years here now? Gideon Koegelenberg will be 30 by the time he's eligible.

Ridiculous.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
An SA development prop - takes props to 8....stocking up. Perhaps a few guys will move on next season so they are ensuring they have ready replacements

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Maybe it's reflective of rumored upcoming eligibility changes for the Wallabies creating a need to find talent elsewhere ahead of the floodgates opening.

Rug&tug

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting squad.
The backs look well equipped to have a crack at finals. Not as confident in the forwards.
We might need a big breakout season from a few of the young lads T.Hosea and R.leota could be the ones.?
The props are a lucky dip.. not sure if anyone really stands out as a first choice starter?
Wells is a good get. We might be looking to play him at 6 as isi is a lock in at 8? Options a plenty in the back row..probably a couple too many.
Exciting times ahead
Let’s have a crack at (my) starting team for round one.
1-Gibbon 2-Rangi 3-AInsley 4-Jones 5- Phillip 6- Wells 7-Leota 8- Isi 9- Lomani 10- Deegan 11- Koro 12- Matt T 13- Hodge 14-Kellaway 15-Dhp
Think that will be pretty close to what Dave goes with?
Although I’d guess Gus will start 6/7 and what he does at 10/12/13 is anyone’s guess.
I’ve just noticed round 4 v the Shorks has no confirmed venue. Anyone got any ideas what that’s about?

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting squad.

I’ve just noticed round 4 v the Shorks has no confirmed venue. Anyone got any ideas what that’s about?

I recall hearing that they hadn't booked AAMI and some other mob (Elton John) have booked it for that date. Classic c*&k up if you ask me.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Interesting squad.
The backs look well equipped to have a crack at finals. Not as confident in the forwards.
We might need a big breakout season from a few of the young lads T.Hosea and R.leota could be the ones.?
The props are a lucky dip.. not sure if anyone really stands out as a first choice starter?
Wells is a good get. We might be looking to play him at 6 as isi is a lock in at 8? Options a plenty in the back row..probably a couple too many.
Exciting times ahead
Let’s have a crack at (my) starting team for round one.
1-Gibbon 2-Rangi 3-AInsley 4-Jones 5- Phillip 6- Wells 7-Leota 8- Isi 9- Lomani 10- Deegan 11- Koro 12- Matt T 13- Hodge 14-Kellaway 15-Dhp
Think that will be pretty close to what Dave goes with?
Although I’d guess Gus will start 6/7 and what he does at 10/12/13 is anyone’s guess.

The props are fine, none of them are screaming out as international class but a few are proven super rugby performers. Second row depth and the backrow are potential issues.

1. Gibbon
2. Uelese
3. Smith
4. Jones
5. Philip
6. Cottrell
7. Hardwick
8. Naisarani
9. Lomani
10. To'omua
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Maddocks/Magnay
15. DHP

16. Rangi
17. Sa’aga
18. Fa’amasuili
19. Leota
20. RHP
21. Tuttle
22. Deegan
23. Magnay/English

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I recall hearing that they hadn't booked AAMI and some other mob (Elton John) have booked it for that date. Classic c*&k up if you ask me.

I hear Ballarat or Geelong are potential alternatives. I want something close, as I am actually going to the EJ (Eddie Jones) concert at AAMI Park that night.

Rug&tug

Stan Wickham (3)
Holy shit, the Sharks have to fly from Durbin to Melbourne via J'Berg and Perth and then hit the road in a coach to B'rat! Nice one.
You missed a couple of legs I think... Durban to Melbourne via Dunedin and Wellington! Followed by a quick trip to Brisbane before heading back to the republic!
Jeeez that’s a tough tour... You’d think they would be filthy about any extra unplanned travel.
I’m happy to give their second row a lift to Ballarat in the missus’ Kia if that helps them with the costs!!

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Rebels have a great draw to begin the season:
Sunwolves (A)
Brumbies (A)
Waratahs (H)
Sharks (H)
Highlanders (A)
Lions (H)
BYE
Sunwolves (H)

I think we could secure five wins here! Excited to see if To'omua can build on his world cup campaign.

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey lads, I've broken down my thoughts on the rebels. Still working on my editing skills but tried my best - was hard for me to have the confidence to share this. Would love to have a partnership with Green & Gold Rugby (eventually).

I don't really have any credentials to my name but an Aussie who loves rugby and placed top 20 in fantasy rugby three years in a row.