• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ok, if we're doing a 23 I have to. For best service to the Rebels jersey, not anything done elsewhere

1. Toby Smith
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Luke Jones
6. Sean McMahon
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Scott Higginbotham (C)
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Reece Hodge
13. Stirling Mortlock
14. Tom English
15. Jason Woodward

16. Ged Robinson
17. Nic Henderson
18. Paul Alo-Emile
19. Cadeyrn Neville
20. Gareth Delve
21. Scott Fuglistaller
22. Will Genia
23. Sefanaia Naivalu

Basically bang on the money, except I’d have Genia at 9 and Mikey Harris at 10.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
are you thinking that they were going to hold it at St Pat's Ballarat? If so, plenty of other school grounds in Melbourne they could go to without the drive.

As KevinO said if the match is in Ballarat it would be at Mars Stadium. My thoughts were if they were venturing to Ballarat because of relationship with St Pat's that this may impact the decision. Surely they must be announcing location soon, doesn't leave much time for promotion.

I am thinking it could possibly be announced at member collection event tonight. Unfortunately I am unable to attend. Any news from those attending event would be greatly appreciated.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Basically bang on the money, except I’d have Genia at 9 and Mikey Harris at 10.

I was wondering who the ball-playing 12 could be inside Mortlock, and then Mr Wobbly reminded me of Tamati Ellison - what a player he was, even at the back end of his career. Especially with the 6/2 split, probably sees Hodge on the bench in place of Naivalu.

I was a massive fan of Harris, but he only played about 20 games due to injury and Hegarty played a big role in some memorable wins. But Harris was such a calming presence

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Forgot about Horie and Matsushime - Some seriously top players have played for the rebels. Though seemingly either never together, or to their fullest potential, or the other players were way not up to scratch

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Forgot about Horie and Matsushime - Some seriously top players have played for the rebels. Though seemingly either never together, or to their fullest potential, or the other players were way not up to scratch

Horie was great, Matsushime was no where near the played he is now when he was at the Rebels.

We have forgot about Telusa Veainu who has been awesome since he left us as well, wasted by McGahan

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
McGahan
/mə'ɡæhən/

verb
1. be unsuccessful in achieving one’s goal.
“he McGahaned in his attempt to secure victory”
2. neglect to do something
“the team McGahaned to adapt to changing game conditions”

noun
1. a mark which is not high enough to pass an examination or test
“a McGahan grade”
2. a mistake, failure or instance of poor performance
“their season has been a massive McGahan

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Japan back-rower Amanaki Mafi has avoided a conviction for attacking then Melbourne Rebels teammate Lopeti Timani.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...c7-fa8f1f7ad697&mi_u=5a1d5708e556be842a39c79b

That's suck rubbish, he should have been convicted. Don't care if it effects his contract in Japan. It's not setting a good example for young New Zealanders and he should be made pay the price and face the full consequences of his actions. if it was a 19 year old kid who did it, they would be locked up.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Pleads guilty, ordered to pay the victim $50,000 but still not convicted. What a reach-around

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Good news for the Rebels but I hope this doesn't mean I have to endure seeing him on the wing for the Wallabies for the next 4 years.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
McGahan
/mə'ɡæhən/

verb
1. be unsuccessful in achieving one’s goal.
“he McGahaned in his attempt to secure victory”
2. neglect to do something
“the team McGahaned to adapt to changing game conditions”

noun
1. a mark which is not high enough to pass an examination or test
“a McGahan grade”
2. a mistake, failure or instance of poor performance
“their season has been a massive McGahan

gold gold gold

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I suppose Stirzaker is there because Phipps will be in the Tahs team, and Genia in the Reds............

Maybe Cipriani at 10 but otherwise the backline is probably spot on.

A couple of changes required in the forwards......... Neville or Timani in place of Phillip, and probably Higgers for Mafi......... because, seriously, who wants a person of that character in there?