• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Especially a player on the improve. Could be another discussion if he was stagnating. Also his body shape etc. just screams prop.

Though for the life of me I would have targeted LHP. Which just shows how much I don't know.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't get why people have a fascination in trying to move players from the position they play to one where their major strength would only be adequate for their position and they would then have a bunch of deficiencies compared to other players in that position.

Fa'amausili needs to improve his scrummaging, much like Angus Bell does. Both of them have skills they bring to the prop position that set them apart from their competitors.

Fascinating

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Rumours on rugby league forums that Marika Koroibete will be re-joining the Melbourne Storm next year. Even though Koroibete is contracted to Rugby Australia and Melbourne Rebels until end of next year.

B

Bobby Sands

Rumours on rugby league forums that Marika Koroibete will be re-joining the Melbourne Storm next year. Even though Koroibete is contracted to Rugby Australia and Melbourne Rebels until end of next year.

If true you can't blame him. Chasing kicks every week is a pretty thankless task.

However I can’t think of many less reliable corners of the interwebs.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Orr re-signs for 2 more years as well. Along with Pone & Uelese our front row is looking the most formidable it has in years. Good to see them develop some more.
Been superb this SRAU season.

Uelese still needs to sign for next season, but I can’t see that been in doubt.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Will Matt To'omua and Haylett-Petty to be the next to agree to sabbaticals for 2021? Where does that leave the Rebels backline?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Matt To'omua and Haylett-Petty to be the next to agree to sabbaticals for 2021? Where does that leave the Rebels backline?

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/08/27/super-rugby-au-rebels-To'omua-haylett-petty-future

Wessels is confident they will stay.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
So next season a confirmed starting team we could have (Contract wise, people can obviously negotiate a release)

1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Fa’amasuili
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Leota
8 Naisarani
9 Lomani
10 To'omua
11 Koroibete
13 Hodge
15 DHP

* Philip will be back in June once his contract with Pau finishes.

Of the ones remaining to be signed I think Wilkin, Ha’angana, Deegan, Magnay, Pincus and Tupou (be interesting how his ACL recovery is going) should be the immediate focus.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
1 Orr
2 Uelese
3 Fa’amasuili
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Leota
8 Naisarani
9 Lomani
10 Gordon
11 Koroibete