• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels MOM vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You guys know the drill...

3. Saffy - a league convert pilfering, making excellent tackles and scoring a great foward's try. Really good game.

2. Cipriani - struggled with this as Cips played a big part in letting in two tries..however he also provided a lot of spark and creativity while still being able to control a game.

1. Mortlock - A really strong game in attack and defence. If only he wasn't so slow.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Godfrey, correct. Saffy. Best performance in an Australian team I have seen for some time.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
3. Jarrod Saffy
2. Greg Somerville
1. Gareth Delve

Other contributors: Danny Cipriani (probably tops the list if Rebs hold on) , Michael Lipman, Cooper Vuna, Stirling Mortlock

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3. Saffy - the fact that the Sharks backrow only really came into the game in the last 20 was due largely to the efforts of Saffy IMO.
2. Robinson - Are we seeing the emergence of a Wallaby contender. Certainly the Scrum has been very good, his throwing is getting better and he does plenty of work in tight making plenty of metres. I would rate him well above Finger and after last week Fitzpatrick. Maybe not Charles though. Not bad for a bloke in his fourth super start.
1. Cipriani - a pity he's played what 10 tests for the Poms. easily the best 10 on display from the Oz sides this week :)

Honourable mentions to Delve, Yoda, and Morty (I am very happy to see him building back into the Morty we all know). Huxley would have got a big mention except for his late game dropsies.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
3 - Saffy - Fabulous performance. Made good ground and his pilfering and defence were just great.
2 - Delve - Really good in defence and a great contributor to the line out.
1 - Somerville - Gave the beast an absolutely torrid time.

Would have liked to have included Cips, Robinson and I also thought Mitchell was greatly improved on previous games.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
3. Saffy
2. Gerard
1. Somerville

Hons Cippers, Delve, G.Robinson, and young Mr Pyle did pretty well too. Mortlock not an Hons for mine, but did show one or two signs that it's coming back to him. Hux was great for 60...

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
2. Robinson - Are we seeing the emergence of a Wallaby contender. Certainly the Scrum has been very good, his throwing is getting better and he does plenty of work in tight making plenty of metres. I would rate him well above Finger and after last week Fitzpatrick. Maybe not Charles though. Not bad for a bloke in his fourth super start.
Unfortunately not - he doesn't qualify as he's a Kiwi and has played for Junior All Blacks.

3. Saffy
2. Delve
1. Cipriani - the good outweighed the bad.

D

Dr J

3. Saffy
2. Robinson
1. Somerville

Mentioned in Dispatches: Delve, Mortlock, Cipriani, Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.