• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Chiefs, Rd 12 @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Rebels return to the stockade to take on the Chiefs. The Rebels come of a close loss and the Chiefs a less convincing win against a 14-man Force outfit. Both teams pack talent, however the Chiefs are brimming with All Black talent and will look to continue their winning Record at AAMI Park. The Rebels came close on Saturday against a strong 'Tahs outfit - can they knock off a massive scalp?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
So Rebels, what changes would you make to the Team from the weekend, if any?

Leafa has to go. He's just killing us at the moment. McGahan must be thinking his play around the park is worth 3-4 turnovers a game. I disagree, and I reckon most Rebels fans would too.

I think it's time to chuck Sefa into the midfield. We just need more out of the backs than we're getting.

Debreczeni
Veainu (if he clears his concussion test)/Crawford
Ellison
Naivalu
Shipperly
Harris

Debreczeni looked great in the NRC with runners around him, let's give him some to work with.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Inman has been stringing together some solid performances, would move Ellison to the bench and go 5-3 this week.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
After seeing Mikey Mike leave the field early, I'm suprised not to see him on the injured list. Either the injury wasn't as bad as first thought, or we are in for some bad news on Saturday morning.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's up with the two ex-Tah wingers? If you don't want them we'll take Crawford back thanks.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
What's up with the two ex-Tah wingers? If you don't want them we'll take Crawford back thanks.
I have absolutely no idea why Crawford can't get a look in. It's infuriating. Kingston has spent a lot of time injured, patella tendonitis is a frustrating business.

The unwillingness to look past English and Shipperly is just eugh. At least Sefa has managed to force his way in.

Reid should probably get a start this week.

Looked like Mikey Mike just got a cork @oztimmay. Folau came crashing through the line and cleaned him up. His leg would have been absolutely dead, but nothing structurally wrong with it.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

Kingston was injured but back playing club rugby in Melbourne. I haven't seen Crawford's name on a team sheet since round 1, he certainly didn't play against Uni a couple of weeks ago. Puzzling really.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
No Brodie Retallick for the Chiefs this weekend. Not sure if he is injured or he is being rested. Could be interesting :)

D

daz

Inman has been stringing together some solid performances, would move Ellison to the bench and go 5-3 this week.

Agree about Mitch (of course) but have to disagree about putting Ellison on the bench. He is one of our more gifted attacking players, and knows exactly how to bring the players around him into the game.

We simply must have an attacking mindset for this game. If we rely on defence and stopping the Chiefs, rather than beating them, we are going to come unstuck badly.

Go down swinging, I say!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
teams up, Reid in to start, Fuglistaller out of 23, Leafa still in, 5 -3 reserves split with English back in.

geez does Pat have something over McGahan, or does Sexton keep reminding him of what he did to Munster

RaboDirect Rebels squad to face Chiefs, Saturday 2nd May 7:30pm, AAMI Park
1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 22 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 27 Rebels Caps)
3. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 44 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 54 Rebels Caps)
5. Lopeti Timani (Rebel #69, 10 Rebels Caps)
6. Sean McMahon (Rebel #62, 22 Rebels Caps)
7. Jordy Reid (Rebel #51, 16 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 38 Rebels Caps, Captain)
9. Nic Stirzaker (Rebel #38, 32 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 13 Rebels Caps)
11. Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebel #77, 9 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 53 Rebels Caps)
13. Tamati Ellison (Rebel #62, 24 Rebels Caps)
14. Dom Shipperley (Rebel #75, 6 Rebels Caps)
15. Mike Harris (Rebel #76, 9 Rebels Caps)
Reserves:
16. Tom Sexton (Rebel #81, 2 Rebels Cap)
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 20 Rebels Caps)
18. Tim Metcher (Rebel #83, 1 Rebels Cap)
19. Cadeyrn Neville (Rebel #42, 44 Rebels Caps)
20. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 24 Rebels Caps)
21. Luke Burgess (Rebel #56, 22 Rebels Caps)
22. Tom English (Rebel #50, 34 Rebels Caps)
23. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 26 Rebels Caps)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
geez does Pat have something over McGahan, or does Sexton keep reminding him of what he did to Munster

Maybe TT bought in to the Munster hate for Leinster a bit to much that his still holding onto it. But it's a disgrace that Pat (Nice bloke) is still starting after his performance last weekend. Chiefs have better jumpers than the Tahs so we are in major trouble now.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Out for 4 weeks with a shoulder injury. Major blow to their title chances.

Bugger. I noticed when he went off the tempo from the Chiefs seemed to drop. Thats when the Force got some sneaky tries. Will be a different story for us this week as they have planned for his absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.