• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Has this been started yet?

Rebels: Mark Gerrard, Richard Kingi, Afusipa Taumoepeau, Stirling Mortlock (capt), Cooper Vuna, Danny Cipriani, Nick Phipps, Gareth Delve, Michael Lipman, Jarrod Saffy, Adam Byrnes, Alister Campbell, Greg Somerville, Ged Robinson, Nic Henderson. Res: Adam Freier, Laurie Weeks, Kevin O'Neill, Tim Davidson, Lachlan Mitchell, Peter Betham, Julian Huxley.

Right move dropping Huxley to the bench. I like the guy but his defence just hasn't been up to scratch.

T

tranquility

Vuna would have to be one of the worst defenders in the comp.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Vuna would have to be one of the worst defenders in the comp.

Without a doubt, him and Cipriani both, but they don't have much of a choice as they offer a lot to an average attack. Huxley on the other hand really doesn't offer much besides his kicking, which Gerrard and Cips can do better.

T

Tahfan

This has the potential to be a cracker. Rebels will want to sign off a really promising first season with a win. If the force dont have to travel to the game on horseback cos of volcaic ash then they will be up for finishing off the season on a positive too.

think this could be a really open game, looking forward to it. It will be the Anti Tahs v Brumbies

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Not sure who'll I'll be barrackin for in this one. I want to see the Rebels repay their loyal fans and end their debut season on a high. Or to go the Force who deserve to have won so many more games then they have and should be building for a good season next year.

Go the Force purely because I enjoy watching Pocock and Co massacre other sides at the breakdown.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Should be a good game and I feel that the Rabble fans are owed one by the team. A win would make me start signing up again for next year.
Remember to come and support the curtain raiser. Melbourne v Harlequins, who are currently 1 and 2 on the local club ladder. Two teams that are playing good rugby at the moment. Grassroots rugby deserves your support.
See yous at the game and here's to a Rebel win.

G

GC

Go the Force. Hoping for another show of Pocock magic this weekend.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Oh, might as well throw the Force team up if you haven't seen it yet. BTW it's Round 18.

Melbourne Rebels v Western Force
Friday, 17 June 2011 at AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick-off: 5.40pm (AWST) / 7.40pm (AEST)

1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Nathan Charles
3. Matt Dunning
4. Ben McCalman
5. Sam Wykes
6. Matt Hodgson
7. David Pocock (Captain)
8. Richard Brown
9. Brett Sheehan
10. James Stannard
11. David Smith
12. Rory Sidey
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alfie Mafi
15. Paddy Dellit

Reserves

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Tom Hockings
19. Jono Jenkins
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Willie Ripia
22. Cameron Shepherd

Match Officials:

Referee: Garratt Williamson
Assistant referees: Nathan Pearce, Simon Moore
TMO: Steve Lesczcynski

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels are starting to pinch the good players from other provinces. I hope the Force tear them a new one ;)

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels are starting to pinch the good players from other provinces. I hope the Force tear them a new one ;)

And this from the supporter of a team that signed Drew Mitchell from the Force, Berrick Barnes from the Reds and now Ashley Copper from the Brumbies . Nice comment pal.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

No one owns players. If they can find the right renumeration offer to lure in every single Wallaby, good on them. The Force copped this bullshit for years, don't start on the Rebels now.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And this from the supporter of a team that signed Drew Mitchell from the Force, Berrick Barnes from the Reds and now Ashley Copper from the Brumbies . Nice comment pal.

Coming from the Rebels which don't develop any talent. Don't want to turn this into an argument but please, don't try and pull away from the facts that the Rebels poach every player from elsewhere because they got none of their own.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Coming from the Rebels which don't develop any talent. Don't want to turn this into an argument but please, don't try and pull away from the facts that the Rebels poach every player from elsewhere because they got none of their own.

Give me a break. What absolute rubbish. The Rebels are first year operating in a state with very little Rugby played and they are supposed to develop their own talent. Hugh Pyle , Nick Phibbs and Ged Robinson have been amongst the handful of best players for the Rebels this year and none had played Super Rugby before. All of these players have recommitted to the Rebels for 2012 2013 . That indicates talent development. Your comment is close to the biggest crock I have ever seen on these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.