• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force Rd 14 Sun 29th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Well with all Rebels fans being disappointed with recent results, time for some changes. One of the halves needs to be dropped, sorry JD but Stirzaker has captain to his name so your days are numbered. Force are wounded so the Rebels should walk away with a BP win at home.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Fuck, it's not like we're going into this with the wind at our backs. Calling a BP victory is literally pissing in the gods' faces and asking them to bend us over and deliver a lesson in hubris.

That said, Force without Hodgo are a shadow of themselves.

All I am hoping for, if I go, is to see a bit of running. Given the two teams in question I'm not sure that's a likely prospect...

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
this season has a familiar ring to it. hopefully they can finish with a flourish. last year they looked cooked about 2/3 through, not so obvious this year, despite the travel; just not up to the standard of the NZ teams and their inability to play for 80 against the Brumbies and the Bulls. some hopeful signs for 2017 which was the target they had set for themselves but still some very worrying persistent aspects to the Rebels games. JD has been underwhelming for the most part and not helped by Stirzaker's indifferent form. i'll take a one point win over the Force at this stage.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Looking at both teams points differences the Force really have struggled. The only team to score less points is the Kings. While in defence they have are only ahead of the Kings and Sunwolves.

Rebels for (250) 22.7 and against (294) 26.7 per game
Force for (196) 17.8 and against (338) 30.7 per game

While the Rebels for and against really does line up with ladder position. All teams below have conceded more points than us. Finshing the season 12th will be a failure. While I did not expect finals in all honestly, with the squad we have on the books 9th/10th was always an aim and to be in contention for finals at the international break realistic.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Never underestimate the Force - remember round 4 in 2014 in Perth? We need a win, let's not be dreaming BPs right now...

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^I was at that game, the only person who underestimated that team was TT. Force in 2014 finished 8th with 9 wins. They are a bit different this year.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A lot different. Sadly.
Sadly? Do you think the 4 wins and wooden spoon in 2014 were better? I beg to differ. I think, considering injuries and travel this year we have done OK. Certainly there are disappointing aspects, like JD's form, but nothing worth slitting wrists over.

D

daz

Get to the Paddock at 1:30pm for the Rebels Family Fun Day, or be like me and get to a pub instead.

I think I'll need a bit of alcoholic cushioning to dampen the pain; to quote Big Red in Platoon, I got a baaad feeling about this.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Get to the Paddock at 1:30pm for the Rebels Family Fun Day, or be like me and get to a pub instead.

I think I'll need a bit of alcoholic cushioning to dampen the pain; to quote Big Red in Platoon, I got a baaad feeling about this.
Geez, Daz, I was counting on you to be the voice of confidence, what am I to do now?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Strangely, no mention of Jones or Ellison among the wounded...

The Melbourne Rebels injury update following Round 13 v Chiefs brought to you by Recover Sports Medicine:
Laurie Weeks (Hamstring): 5-7 weeks
Dan Hawkins (Back): Season Ending
Dom Shipperley (Knee): Season Ending
Cam Crawford (Broken Hand): Season Ending

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Blues v Force game was painful to watch for the most part. Hopefully both teams can come with a bit of running and some quality forward play.

Rebels by 4 in a cripple fight....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.